Thread: Serial number sequence for Glock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Serial number sequence for Glock

I am cleaning an old gen1 G17 for a coworker. His grandpa carried it as a cop. The serial number prefix dates to 1988, but the next part is "003 US". Are the glock serial number sequential? Was this the third Glock made that year? Doesn't really matter...we are just curious.
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    What was your method for determining the year? I've got an AAA Glock and would be curious...
    www.thealaskalife.com www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Posers buy guns. Shooters buy ammo.
    Okie John

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can do a google search for the date code. I found a link the a glock forum where someone had posted it.
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal_Mother556 View Post
    I am cleaning an old gen1 G17 for a coworker. His grandpa carried it as a cop. The serial number prefix dates to 1988, but the next part is "003 US". Are the glock serial number sequential? Was this the third Glock made that year? Doesn't really matter...we are just curious.
    I would send an email to Glock and ask them.

I know I sold a G34 to a dealer up in Boston and I was pretty sure that I got it right when they first came out back in 1998 or so. He would only be allowed to sell it if it was older than a certain date. He checked with Glock to make sure that it was by the serial number. He confirmed it was one of the early ones.

They could probably tell you for sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are lists on the net that approximate month and year of manufacture. Many are pretty accurate. The Complete Glock Reference Guide from Ptooma Productions has a comprehensive list in the back that is accurate. See the book here: http://www.ptooma.com/products.asp?Prod=Book

The numbers roll sequentially and restart when a new alpha clicks over. ABC000-999, ABD000-999, ABE... etc. Unless a special series, they don't really correspond to anything but the next gun in line.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I've always wanted to get one that had my initials or bday on it. I thought that would be cool but I've never seen one out and about.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon167 View Post
    I've always wanted to get one that had my initials or bday on it. I thought that would be cool but I've never seen one out and about.
    Would be neat. I had in my hands a Glock with the letter prefix of FUK. I almost bought it because of that, but just didn't need another Glock 17.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink