Page 12 of 155 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT IS YOUR EDC KNIFE?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'mGatMan! - You sir, have very good taste in knives.

I love that Hinderer! Ever since they put Rick on the cover of Knives magazine two years ago, you just cannot find an XM-18. I got to handle one about a year ago. They are very solid.

I like those Busse's, too. I have a couple of them, and really want to track down an SFNO some day. That knife or an Active Duty are just a great "all around" knife. And the Game Warden is very handy as well. Great collection of INFI.

Is that bottom knife a Leaner Meaner?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'mGatMan! - You sir, have very good taste in knives.

I love that Hinderer! Ever since they put Rick on the cover of Knives magazine two years ago, you just cannot find an XM-18. I got to handle one about a year ago. They are very solid.

I like those Busse's, too. I have a couple of them, and really want to track down an SFNO some day. That knife or an Active Duty are just a great "all around" knife. And the Game Warden is very handy as well. Great collection of INFI.

Is that bottom knife a Leaner Meaner?
    Serious,

Thanks for the compliment, brother.

I actually snagged the last XM over at BlueLine Gear about a month-and-a-half ago. It was a luck-of-the-moment type deal. It is a fantastic knife, though, and really should be all the folder I ever need.

As for the Busses, I'm actually surprised Soulrack223 didn't post some earlier. (What's up, Los? I didn't know you frequented this forum. Good to see you here.)

The knives in the pic are (top to bottom):
    SHBA (straight-handled Badger Attack)
    ARK (air rescue knife)
    ABA (anorexic badger attack)
    BATAC (badger attack tactical)
    MrS (Meaner street)
    AD (active duty)
    and A Cultellus

On the left is a Game Warden, on the right is the recently released 1/300 SFNOLE #21 (special forces natural outlaw).

I actually just traded away my second SFNOLE. If I'd been able to post in the exchange here, I would have listed it, as I'm looking for an aimpoint.

If you ever have any question or need information, don't hesitate to ask. I'd be glad to help, or at least guide you in the right direction.

Good meeting you,

Jason

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone here familiar with Buck's version of the Strider folders? I carry a SOG Trident now but I saw one of the Buck's recently (for less then $70) and thought it might make a decent backup.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zen_grasshopper View Post
    I carried an satin finished Emerson Commander that I de-waved for the last 4 or 5 years, but I always hated the liner lock, I wanted a frame lock. Sebenzas and Striders were nice but pricey, the ZT301 was cool but I hate assisted openers, and the Skirmish was too much like my Commander.

I found a Emerson CQC7 without the wave for just over a hundred bucks. I sent it to Phil aka Ferrrk on USN and had him do a frame lock conversion and replace the black G-10 with blaze orange G-10 with a matching spacer. For less then a Sebenza I got what I wanted, although it will probably go to Arkansas to see the grind monkey (Tom Krein), for a regrind.

Here are the pics I just snapped at my desk here at work.

Jon

"Orange is the new black" - me, 2008
    That is a fantastic mod, sir. I've heard good things about Ferk, but that is VERY impressive. Would make a good partner to my XM-18.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    here is mine
    Extrema Ratio RAO

more pictures
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...962#post281962

wookie
    Wook,

How are you liking the ER? I looked into those when I first got into knives, but dismissed it as a little toooo tactical looking. How do you use it, and what are your feelings on the "overbuilt" quality of the ER knives?

Those of you who like the orange scales may get a kick out of this (though it's not EDC-sized)

The orange knife is a Busse SFNO (special forces natural outlaw), customized by an amazing guy over at BladeForums named Ban. His specialty is satin finishes and ridiculously-shap convexed edges. The sword is also a Busse Combat knife and is called an AK (American Kensai).

Jason

Feedback Score
    I carry a no frills Gerber Paraframe.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Feedback Score
    Emerson for me.

USMC 86-94
    SEMPER FI

Feedback Score
    I must have the lamest EDC knives. During the week I have a leatherman wave on my belt. On the weekends the wave gets changed for a core and I clip a sheffield utility knife to my pocket. Of course I wouldn't ever change the combo for my uses.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have carried a Spyderco Delica for about 15 years and and it has always been good to go.

I keep putting off sending it to Spyderco to have it sharpened but with the serrated edge it still cuts.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Got my M.S. Cantrell custom! Added a mini tek lok to the sheath and it belt carries nicely.
    1095 steel that may get Duracoated for protection, or maybe even sent off to Birdsong's for BlackT.

Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bradley Cutlery Alias II LE or Strider PT

Last edited by boganz45; 06-30-10 at 02:13.

Page 12 of 155 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast