Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1542

Thread: WHAT IS YOUR EDC KNIFE?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Zero Tolerance: ZT0804CF -Rexford Design -Carbon Fiber - Tactical folder

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Picked this up a couple of months ago when they were still in stock. I've actually used this knife more in the last two months than I have with my Benchmade Doug Ritter RSK Mk1, which was my previous EDC for the last five years or so. Minimal but useful tools have fit the role for EDC quite nicely. Hopefully they'll be back in stock soon. I'd like to get a few more for gifts.

https://countycomm.com/products/boke...c-custom-1-500

I might have to pick up one of these since I enjoy my wines!

https://www.bokerusa.com/pocketknive...city-2-01bo802

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Where did you get that american flag grip tape

Feedback Score

The Ferrum Forge Crux is similar in size to a CRK Sebenza, and has been my EDC for about 4 months now (I have a pretty large stable of folders so that says alot). It was designed by Ferrum Forge and built by WE knives (yes a Chinese company but don't judge too quickly). I did an acid stonewash to the blade (masks the production number of 389) but I have never been a fan of satin finish. I'm not a fan of milled clips, but this one functions good enough. Ceramic bearings in phosphor bronze traces and ceramic detent, if you care about such things. It has a steel lockbar insert with overtravel stop and detent all in one removal piece (plus for me as I'm about to anodize the titanium and then stonewash it). The blade steel is s35v, which is really good at edge retention but a bit chippy in my experience (I find ZT's elmax and Doug Ritter's m390 to be the best overall at edge retention without being brittle, s110, s90, s35 all tend to be amazing at edge retention but chip easy and s30 is well balanced but loses the super keen edge quickly while keeping a working edge for a long time...154cm, vg10 all a step down again).
    As an EDC, this knife has been really nice, esp as I wear suits quite a bit and this knife looks smaller than it is and looks rather non-descript. Handle to blade ratio is honestly quite amazing, and handle design is comfortable for long term repetitive tasks (opened a hotel and moved cross country...lotta boxes opened and broken down).
    A deeper look at the bearing setup, as it is pretty well thought out (not as durable as a compression bushing riding on phosphor bronze washers). The traces sit in cups cut into the pivot of the blade, so they are riding on a hardened surface recessed into the actual blade. The handle scales also have cups cut into them albeit much shallower cuts to house a hardened steel double thick polished washer. This makes sure that the ceramic bearings are riding in recessed areas on hardened steel and not on titanium. This makes the action smooth and reasonably durable (no where near as durable as phosphor bronze washers, but plenty for most normal EDC tasks).
    The finger choil looks a bit odd as it isn't a true circular shape and is somewhat oblong, but in practice it fits perfect, and I wear a large glove and with the shape of the handle I actually manage to get full purchase without choking up and using the finger choil.
    All in all, based on my current stable of knives (I'm constantly buying and customizing knives so my stable changes from time to time), the Crux will be my primary EDC knife.
    Last edited by JackFanToM; 03-31-18 at 13:41.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Where did you get that american flag grip tape
    https://vdevgru.com/products/usa-col...g-slide-spider

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My EDC stuff.

Sent from my PIP-BOY 3000 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFanToM View Post

All in all, based on my current stable of knives (I'm constantly buying and customizing knives so my stable changes from time to time), the Crux will be my primary EDC knife.
    Is that one of the knives they sold on Massdrop?

I like what you did with it. Subtle, indeed.

Page 129 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast