Page 63 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT IS YOUR EDC KNIFE?

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Bleaman, that fixed blade is sick! Cameron, Spyderco knives always come crazy sharp.
    Thanks. It's a Ban Tang gen3 Pikal. I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    bleamon225 - That Ban Tang pikal is very nice, I'm probably going to snag one of his Clinch Pick sets.

However, I've been doing a lot of karambit practice lately, and am seriously impressed with it. It's damn tough to disarm someone equipped with one.

I asked Steve Tarani about that in class two weeks ago. "How do you disarm someone with a karambit that knows how to use it?"

His response was to shoot them in the face with a 1911. Repeatedly. Then they will drop the knife.

So yeah, I'm working on karambit drills now.
    So from that post it's safe to assume that you want to be repeatedly shot in the face with a 1911?

Last edited by bleaman225; 03-07-13 at 22:44. Reason: added a photo since it is in fact a pic thread...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    [QUOTE=bleaman225;1574105]......

So from that post it's safe to assume that you want to be repeatedly shot in the face with a 1911?

......QUOTE]

That would be incorrect.

That pikal just looks insanely sharp. Have you sliced yourself with it yet? I have always heard great stuff about Ban's workmanship and resharpening service.

Did it come with a sheath? Or did you have one made?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Where do you carry it? I had a ZT0200 but the thing was just too bulky and obnoxious to pocket carry. I recently sold it.
    I carry it in my front right pocket. It gets annoying trying to get your keys out but other than that I don't notice it. I used to carry a Sog Mini Trident so this one is way more cumbersome but I just didn't like the idea of carrying a small knife.
    Not sure about you guys, but I'm only here for the free food and open bar.

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    That pikal just looks insanely sharp.
    As stated on Ban's webpage...

http://bantangknives.com/wordpress/

...it would best be described as STUPID SHARP!

Have you sliced yourself with it yet?
    I have not yet cut myself with this knife. I bought it with a matching trainer so I am very conscientious to not practice with the live blade. My girlfriend almost gutted me with it but that's a story for another day...

I have always heard great stuff about Ban's workmanship and resharpening service.
    Ban is an artist. His work is excellent. I got to check out a regrind he did on a Clinch Pick and fell in love. Same as you, I plan on getting a BT Clinch Pick when they're available.

Did it come with a sheath? Or did you have one made?
    Both the aluminum trainer and live blade came with very nice kydex sheaths. I don't know whether or not he personally made the sheaths but they are nice and I like them matched up with a Tek-Lok.

The pic below is from the day the knives showed up and I was trying to figure attachment methods. I know you've seen this photo elsewhere but what the hell...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thanks very much for the answers. I've got a spare RAT-3 in D2 laying around. I've thought about putting some aftermarket handles on it, and sending it to Ban for a regrind. Then get a Dark Star sheath for horizontal carry. I could likely build my own drone with a Dremel and a drill press. I would not have to worry about grinding ruining the heat treat on a drone.

Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post

..... My girlfriend almost gutted me with it but that's a story for another day...
    By the way, I have noticed a correlation with pissing off the women folk, and them trying to gut me with my own knives. Just offering some helpful advice, you being a friend and all.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    This little guy is growing on me as an everyday carry. I think it's between this and picking up a Strider SA or SA-L for my main carry knife. I just wish the Echo was a tad bit thicker. I still really like my (gave an SNG and a VB away but got a VB back, then another was stolen/lost) SNG CC and would love another one, but I'll carry a fixed blade when I can. I'll still eventually pick up another SNG or an Umnumzaan for when I'm stuck carrying a folder.

Interested in trading that echo for a strider bt?

Feedback Score

Re: WHAT IS YOUR EDC KNIFE?

Been carrying a Benchmade 556 a lot lately, but that may change when my new Zero Tolerance 0200 comes in this week.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    In case anyone is keeping score, Cameron just won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Cameron won again.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    That's the first Spyderco I've seen that I really liked.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    That's the first Spyderco I've seen that I really liked.
    When you consider the S30V steel, compression lock, G10 scales and that you can get them for close to $100... great knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    In case anyone is keeping score, Cameron just won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Cameron won again.

Page 63 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast