Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sharps Relia-Bolt design using S7 tool steel.

Feedback Score
    I change the ejector and extractor spring on all my bolts when I buy them no matter the brand.... It's not like a quality cs spring from tactical Springs is expensive so it's a non issue to me.
    Last edited by Regalkismet; 12-19-14 at 05:26.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I guess im just concerned with what lies beneath the surface.

Feedback Score
    probably the most serious test of the sharps product out right now.

https://www.full30.com/video/f8a3975...1d02b1d7a2fa7c

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Why would you want a bolt made from s7 steel? Combined with their reputation, i see no reason to buy this over a c158 bolt, hell even a 9130 bolt from aim
    Last edited by zackmars; 11-26-15 at 11:27.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What reputation? I have only read one dude with an issue with theses. Sharps sent out a replacement bolt to everyone who had a bolt from the bad batch of heat treat.
    I am not a fanboy of Sharps but I do have one of these bolts that I run in a 10.5" gun and I have been pleased so far. I still have standard bolts and carriers in my Colts and the LMT enhanced in my MRP.
    Just curious where you get you info from.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    What reputation? I have only read one dude with an issue with theses. Sharps sent out a replacement bolt to everyone who had a bolt from the bad batch of heat treat.
    I am not a fanboy of Sharps but I do have one of these bolts that I run in a 10.5" gun and I have been pleased so far. I still have standard bolts and carriers in my Colts and the LMT enhanced in my MRP.
    Just curious where you get you info from.
    Several bolts have broken, and they have already been through 1 recall.

A BCM bolt is $80, so i fail to see what this improves upon, unless poor performance in cold weather is an improvement. My info is from experience with a friends sharps bolt, and this very thread
    Last edited by zackmars; 11-26-15 at 13:19.

Feedback Score
    I have a couple of the standard NP3 Relia-bolts and went to check out the sale listing. What I found interesting was that the sale price was for the NP3 but you could "upgrade" to the NP3 plus for another $10.

I just thought that was kind of crappy. If the newer coating is so much better as they would have you believe, why even sell the lesser ones unless it's to clear out inventory. Maybe I answered my own question.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    For the S7 steel, has barret rifles shown to be brittle when they get down to -30? I know they also use S7 for their bolts.
    If you're talking about the M82 and M107 50BMG rifles, those are massive triangular bolts without the tiny lugs like on the AR15.

Totally different ballgame. The lug root strength on the Barrett is massive. S7 is not an appropriate steel for AR15 bolts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recently had a chance to disassemble and inspect an Israeli Dror. I knew the gun is a Johnson derivative with a multi-lugged bolt but was surprised to see the tapered bolt lugs.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast