Thread: Getting gas tube in with fsp installed

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Getting gas tube in with fsp installed

I’m building a mk18 mod 0 clone and I figured I’d need to hammer out the taper pins to get the gas tube installed, but a gunsmith I just talked to said we wouldn’t need to. I don’t have a vice to torque on the barrel nut, but I’ll get one if I don’t need to remove the fsp to get the gas tube installed. Has anyone done this? I’m assuming once the barrel nut is installed I can slide the gas tube through the hole in the upper and the barrel nut/delta ring and into the fsp. Any assistance is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah it just slides back in the receiver. Use a #15 drill bit to align the barrel nut with the hole in the upper and download a copy of TM 9-1005-319-23&P

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The gas tube has a dog leg, from the front with it orientated at 3 or 9 o'clock slide into receiver until it clears the gas block or FSP, rotate 90 deg and slide forward into gas block and pin.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    The gas tube has a dog leg, from the front with it orientated at 3 or 9 o'clock slide into receiver until it clears the gas block or FSP, rotate 90 deg and slide forward into gas block and pin.
    This. The jog in the gas tube should allow you to manipulate it into the upper from the front and then forward into the FSB.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    After you get the gas tube installed check for carrier key alignment by taking the bolt, firing pin, and cam pin out of the carrier and inserting just the carrier into the upper. The carrier should slide up to the barrel extension and back out with minimal drag. If there is any appreciable drag (or binding), you can slightly bend the tube to correct it. This will save a lot of wear on these parts.