Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sharps Relia-Bolt design using S7 tool steel.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have been debating on whether to keep the original and the replacement (a known "extra") or sen the original in and be entered to maybe win a new carbine.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Posted by: GH41
    I hope the one they give away doesn't have the Mall-Ninga ATI rail complete with the Zombi Scull Crusher end cap they installed in their video! Almost forgot... the Zombi Hunter dust door is also a turnoff!
    It doesn't really matter to me, as I will probably sell or part the rifle out, if I win it!

SamM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I have been debating on whether to keep the original and the replacement (a known "extra") or sen the original in and be entered to maybe win a new carbine.
    Keep your bolt...a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ya know...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That is my thought process
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malig8r View Post

I hope that most everyone else decides to keep their bolts so my odds of winning increase.
    I'm keeping mine. I don't see any abnormal wear on it and I'm curious to see how many rounds it'll take for it to break.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    I'm keeping mine. I don't see any abnormal wear on it and I'm curious to see how many rounds it'll take for it to break.
    That is what I am doing. I have 520 rounds on mine so far (not a lot I know) about 50/50 brass and steel cased. All looks good. I would like to do a dye penetrant or MPI test after 1000ish just to see if I find anything.
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    To all of you who are planning on keeping your old bolts, did you receive replacements from Sharps? Seems kinda dishonest when they obviously wanted the defective bolts back. They may need them for testing to further improve the design. Anyway, I sent my old ones in after I received the replacements. Fantastic CS from Sharps and no doubt in my mind that these will be "right".

Feedback Score
    I would suspect/expect that everyone that was sent out replacement bolts would have an annotation on their account in conjunction with whether or not Sharpes received the returned originals.

If I were responsible for customer service I would direct the IT team to implement such a tracking ability tied to individual accounts. Not that I don't trust people but for the sake of tracking and accountability of product distribution of course.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bet they want them back just so there aren't more cases of broken ones out there, that can hurt their reputation. They only need 5-10 for any testing I'd think.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    In regards to TCARMORY's reliabolt testing...Moving on from the obvious issue of the sheared lug on 2 separate bolts. What about the failures that the guy was getting from both bolts (both bolts were not failure-free prior to the sheared lugs)? He noticed that both ejector springs not only appeared to be clipped, but they were also shorter than milspec ejector springs. Once the SRC ejector springs were replaced with milspec ejector springs, the failures ceased? Also, both bolts caused abnormal case head deformation? Frankly, the aforementioned issues are as troubling as the sheared lugs. If a batch of the S7 steel bolts wasn't properly heat treated etc., that's completely forgivable (particularly given how good sharps' customer service seems to have been). However, the other issues cant be explained away. I want to like the bolt (design seems intelligent and company seems legit), but the big picture just doesn't look good from multiple angles. Anyone else looked at the ejectors?

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast