Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sharps Relia-Bolt design using S7 tool steel.

Feedback Score
    I bought one for my super light rifle... I was hoping since they cut corners off of the bolt, it would save some weight over a standard bolt. It weighs about a gram less

It's worked good for me, with maybe 500 rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Im still having lock back issues with almost 400 rnds through the bolt, with both aluminium and pmags. Will give it another range outing with a lighter buffer. After that I might just go back to my BCM bolt.
    It's interesting you say that, I've had the same issues with my reliabolts as well. They intermittently don't lock back on the final round. It even happens on a suppressed 10.5" shorty. The gas rings had good seal, so I'm assuming it might be part of the design, I don't know. But when I put a regular BCM bolt back in it locks back every time. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Bolts on sale for Father's Day.

http://store.srcarms.com/product-p/xpb.htm

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    So this is a standard Relia-Bolt but with a different coating (DLC) from what the original has (NP3)?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The Relia-Bolt just sheared both lugs next to the extractor at just past 3k rounds. Gonna give SRC a call tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Doesn’t sound very uhhh... reliable.

Feedback Score
    The Relia-Bolt just sheared both lugs next to the extractor at just past 3k rounds. Gonna give SRC a call tomorrow.

That's not cool. Do you have any pictures? Please lets us know what they do. What information about your rifle are you willing to share?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsmwd View Post
    That's not cool. Do you have any pictures? Please lets us know what they do. What information about your rifle are you willing to share?
    Ill post them after I give them a chance to make it right.

Feedback Score
    When did you buy your reliabolt? Was it a newer version or possibly one during the recall period that had the heat treating issues? Sorry to hear the bad news.
    Last edited by Cane55; 12-14-17 at 01:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    When did you buy your reliabolt? Was it a newer version or possibly one during the recall period that had the heat treating issues? Sorry to hear the bad news.
    He posted about picking it up in June under the assumption there were no problems with the newer ones. Ironically, I've read more about reliabolts breaking than any other bolt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That blows.

I still like the concept with tapered bolt lugs. Maybe they need to switch to 9310 or C158.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast