Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sharps Relia-Bolt design using S7 tool steel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My second bolt has arrived. I am somewhat disappointed in that the extractor still does not have the rubber buffer insert. To me, this is a non starter. Why market something as promoting reliability and then use a sub standard extractor? Anyway, this is an easy item to change and I will swap in a new spring and insert ASAP. Still, it is something that should be included at the factory.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Yeah, that doesn't make much sense....i just ordered one...guess I'll have to add one too

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    My second bolt has arrived. I am somewhat disappointed in that the extractor still does not have the rubber buffer insert. To me, this is a non starter. Why market something as promoting reliability and then use a sub standard extractor? Anyway, this is an easy item to change and I will swap in a new spring and insert ASAP. Still, it is something that should be included at the factory.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
    Mine was the same. I plan to run it as it came, ad it could be said that with an O-ring a spring is not needed asode from holding it in place. I know the Dfender which has 4x the extractor tension as the original spring/buffer can make the bolt work fine with no spring.

It appears to be a custom extractor spring, and with the O-ring it def has more tension than the Colt Copper spring, and the O-ring should last much longer.....Or a D-fender.
    Last edited by sinlessorrow; 06-05-14 at 22:28.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Tagged for tracking
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    It is certainly a good looking bolt.

This is the extractor, spring, and O-ring.

No spring insert, but the spring is a 5-coil spring that seems to match the tension of the original M16 springs. Combined with the O-ring it does offer more tension that the Copper spring+Insert, and the O-Ring offers longer life than the normal spring. I do not foresee any issues with the setup they offer. I would be interested to know what spring they use though.

Tokarev, have you inquired why the choice of the extractor spring and O-ring? Would be interested in hearing why this choice(which appears to be more than enough). I know a D-Fender ring alone offers enough extractor tension that if it could stay in place alone no spring or anything would be needed.
    Last edited by sinlessorrow; 06-07-14 at 00:22.
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    Has anyone had any headspace issues with their relia bolts?
    Last edited by Regalkismet; 06-07-14 at 00:40.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalkismet View Post
    Mine dropped in fine in my lightly used M4A1 clone, only had 2,000 rounds on it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I did ask about the lack of an insert in one of my earlier emails to Tim but there were a couple other questions within the email so it got overlooked. I will send him another asking aboout the insert.

Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Tokarev, have you inquired why the choice of the extractor spring and O-ring? Would be interested in hearing why this choice(which appears to be more than enough). I know a D-Fender ring alone offers enough extractor tension that if it could stay in place alone no spring or anything would be needed.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalkismet View Post
    Mine headspaced fine (checked with a 223 Rem field gauge) on a new Ballistic Advantage barrel. I have a second bolt that I'll be using on a 14.5" pencil barrel build. I haven't got it put together yet but I'll be sure the hedspace is checked after assembly.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At it's MSRP price, it's a non starter for me but the limited time offer of $79.99 I could think about it. To bad that I promised my wife I would try to be a bit more responsible with the credit card.

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast