Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pistol Grip Replacements????

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSpera View Post
    You opened up the screw hole a little bit and it fit better? I'll have to try that since my heating idea didn't work
    Sorry to hear the heating idea didn't pan out for you. But to answer your question, yes I just took a small file and opened up the grip hole about a 1/32"-1/16" and tightened it down pretty good and the pics show the rest.
    Hope it helps you with yours...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I installed a MOE grip on my DDM4V7 that required me to file the hole a bit forward to make a flush fit with the lower receiver.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sasage View Post
    I installed a MOE grip on my DDM4V7 that required me to file the hole a bit forward to make a flush fit with the lower receiver.
    Yea, that seems to be a common "fix" with what I've seen and heard so far. I'm fairly pleased with how mine turned out but I may pick up one of DD's new grips when they are available.
    I would think they should fit like a glove....

Feedback Score
    Recently installed a Magpul MOE + grip on my 6920 and it fit perfectly. I really like the rubberized feel. Just the right amount and not too tacky.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by coontz74 View Post
    Got a chance to install my BCM Mod 3 this evening. Pretty pleased how it turned out. I have a VERY SMALL gap right behind the trigger and I had to open up the grip hole about 1/32" but it went right on and pulled up nice.

I think the only thing keeping it from PERFECT may be the little ear/shelf in the front of the grip. I may take it back off and trim that ear back but I'm pretty pleased with it as is.

Let me know what you guys think? Thanks for all the replies, suggestions and experiences from all of you!!!

Attachment 23844

Attachment 23845

Attachment 23846

Attachment 23847
    That grip fit is good. Go put some ammo through it and review the grip.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It looks like the issue with the gap is the tang on the grip impacting the magpul trigger guard. Seems to me that the only thing needed would be to file/sand a little on the tang to allow the grip to snug itself up and in.

Feedback Score
    That is what I did
    Removed a little material as needed
    Charles Coker

Disclosure statement:
    Pro Staff - Silencer Shop
    Dealer - Armasight and Steiner Optics
    Affiliated with Trijicon, Wilson Combat and Crux Suppressors

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    That grip fit is good. Go put some ammo through it and review the grip.
    I agree. I'm pretty pleased with it. Can't seem to get a day off work to go try it out but when I do I'll be sure and make a little review from what I experience.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack45 View Post
    It looks like the issue with the gap is the tang on the grip impacting the magpul trigger guard. Seems to me that the only thing needed would be to file/sand a little on the tang to allow the grip to snug itself up and in.
    I believe you are correct as well. When I look real close at the fitment on my rifle, that little tang appears to be what is holding it out that last couple of millimeters.
    I will probably leave mine as is until the new DD grips are available for purchase, pick one of those up and then probably experiment more with the BCM.
    For now though, I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ccoker View Post
    That is what I did
    Removed a little material as needed
    Would you have any pics of how yours looks now? Maybe what process you used to remove some of the material off the tang? Dremel, sand paper, etc?

Thanks for your reply.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123