Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Grip Replacements????

Feedback Score

Pistol Grip Replacements????

For you all that have replaced your pistol grips with any other manufacturer (BCM, Magpul, Ergo, etc.), how was the fit?

I see a lot of posts that say they don't fit at all on the newer built rifles (in the last couple yrs). I am wanting to change out my pistol grip for a MIAD preferably but would consider others if they fit the best?

Any info from current DD owners that could lead me in the right direction is appreciated...

Thanks

Feedback Score
    depends on the lower and grip. if its a billet than your options are cut as they usually have a built in trigger guard.

I grip I love is the Stark SE-1 the texture is awesome. I even cut one up to use on a billet. it has a built in wide trigger guard

http://starkequipment.com/Pages/se1-ar/se1-ar.html

but any regular trigger based off the a2 grip should be a drop in replacement

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you like the MIAD grab one and try it. I think the percentage of those who have issues are outweighed heavily by those who don't. I've run MIADs,(currently one two rifles) BCM Mod 1, Hogue, ERGO , A2 and a couple others over the past several years in several lowers of various makes and models and installed numerous grips for friends with few issues. And the issues usually are that the grip is tight getting on the rifle, not that it is a bad fit once it is on there.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Ops - This is just a standard off the shelf DDM4 V5 so I wouldn't think it would be billet??? But I don't pick the gun up till this coming Friday so I can't answer you accurately???

Kain - Thanks for your comments as well. I believe you're right, I should just buy the grip I like and give it a try. I love reading everyone's opinions and experiences but I guess I won't know what I need unless I give it a shot... Thanks again.

If anyone else has some experiences to share please do......

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Most any pistol grip will fit without issue.

The MOE+ is an excellent choice.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Magpu...0-%20black.htm
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

On the surface, I would definitely agree with you as any milspec lower should be an easy drop in replacement but, this is just one of the several articles I have ran across that states otherwise????

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_382/2...w_DDm4_v5.html

I think I may just buy one to my liking and give it a shot? I don't know what else to do as opinions vary so much??

Thanks for your comments....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

I agree, I used the same grip on my ddm4v1 and love it. The only problem I had was that it was a pain in the ass to screw it in, but it fits great.

Sent from my phone via Tapatalk. There will be typos.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I just put an MOE on my DD and it was a really tight fit getting it around the section that it screws to, shaved a little bit of plastic off the grip. There's also a slight gap between the grip and trigger guard, but I don't feel it when I'm shooting.

I am changing out the MOE for a BCM mod3 real soon, so I can report back with fitment findings on that as well

Feedback Score
    I'd like to see how the new dd grips are, they look nice

Sent from my phone via Tapatalk. There will be typos.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the Magpul MOE +, or the BCM grip if you want more of a straight up and down grip. I've also heard the new DD grips are pretty nice from those who handled them at SHOT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast