Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who offers the best stippling service for a MP9 for a good price?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    imho: I'd wait. Get another Glock/M&P/etc. later on & get it done right.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I am going to pick up a LE M&P9 FS from Grant and want to get it stippled. I'm looking for someone who can get it stippled and back in a quick time. I am so not wanting to break the bank. If anyone knows of a place that can do it in DFW are that would be great so I don't have to pay so much for shipping.
    I only have a single experience with them, but I vote for KASE firearms. They did an amazing job on my Glock 19 in very short order. I'm going to send them a few more pistols soon. Email me for pics and better info.
    "We need to get over the romance of aligning sights and get to the business of shooting smelly bearded men in the face more efficiently."
    Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get some spare grip inserts, a wood pencil, and play around with doing your own insert. Stippling the insert will give you increased traction and give you time for some other opportunities to present themselves

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    If you want someone that does a quality stippling job, you are going to have to wait for it.

I contacted Lane @ Cold Bore the first week of December, and he wasn't taking new orders. He told me to get back with him in the middle of January, and I have not received a response yet after trying to contact him again. I am in no hurry, though.

Stippling work is a highly sought after modification, and the guys that do it well are backed up. Your only choice is to do it yourself, or wait.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you dont want to do it yourself, but want the better grip, have you thought about just buying the grip insert already done, and then when you have time (to do it your self, or send it off) you can do so?

I have no experience with this guy, but it looks pretty good:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-W-M-P-Full...item3cdb06a0cd

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    If you want someone that does a quality stippling job, you are going to have to wait for it.

I contacted Lane @ Cold Bore the first week of December, and he wasn't taking new orders. He told me to get back with him in the middle of January, and I have not received a response yet after trying to contact him again. I am in no hurry, though.

Stippling work is a highly sought after modification, and the guys that do it well are backed up. Your only choice is to do it yourself, or wait.
    I apologize for not getting your email answered in a more timely manner. I am also a full time officer and that job keeps me quite busy and sometimes takes me a bit to get to my CBC emails. Please bear with me guys, trying out a new email system as well that will hopefully keep me a little better informed. Thanks

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Contact Chad, good guy and I believe he is still turning them around pretty quickly. When I find the time to go see him, I'll take him mine. In the meantime, i've been happy with my CORE insert.

http://sweatymuddybloody.com
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    It's really easy to do yourself. All it costs is the price of a soldering iron and some time. Set up in a well lit area and try it out on one of the backstraps you don't use and see how easy it is.

I was really nervous about doing mine the first time but it's a piece of cake. I used a business card (flexible straight edge) and a Sharpie to outline the areas I wanted to do, followed over the lines with the soldering iron and then filled them in. You can also follow the contours in the grip on the M&P for a nice look. Just be sure not to go too high on the backstrap as it can bite into the web of your hand. I'd go to the top of the removable backstrap but no higher.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Practice first. It would be worth it to find a spare backstrap to practice on. The zytel should be about the same composition. It is easy to do.

Feedback Score
    Buy another gun and send it off to get stippled.

Don't screw around with the Academy gun. If anything, the Instructors will single you out for bringing a "custom" gun to the Academy because you think you're a special snowflake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast