Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DPMS GII .308

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

DPMS GII .308

Okay, I know DPMS doesn't get a lot of love here and for good reason. Although the first AR I ever attempted to build upon to gain experience was a cheap DPMS carbine, I don't have much love for the brand myself. I've seen some of their stuff break easily under moderate use. However, this new offering is very impressive spec-wise: http://dpms-gii.com/full.html Let's see if we can't generate some meaningful discussion about this particular model that hopefully will not end up as a DPMS bash-fest. There is enough of that here already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 01-18-14 at 13:03.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Says "new" extractor material, but doesn't specify what it is. The double extractors seemed interesting though.

Feedback Score
    Looks nice. I'd be interested in some time behind the trigger on one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

DPMS GII .308

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Says "new" extractor material, but doesn't specify what it is. The double extractors seemed interesting though.
    I caught that too. You'd think if they were using a some good super strong alloy they'd be bragging about it a bit more. I'm guessing a more durable design as opposed to materials maybe?

ETA: Nope. New material but doesn't disclose what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 01-18-14 at 13:20.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    the .308 variety of DPMS always seemed better made than the 223 5.56 , this looks interesting. I like the look of "The Hunter" model if it retails for less than $1500 it may be worth a real look.
    Last edited by quaesitor logica; 01-18-14 at 14:54.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Just the ability to use AR15 rail systems makes this an appealing unit. And the irony behind them releasing this the last week is two day prior I picked up a year or so old LR 308 Ap4. I would definitely like to see reviews on this once users start getting them in hands. It does irk the hell out of me that they used a carbine length gas system again on their AP4, why not middy???? The weight loss looks appealing though from old to new versions.

All in all, these definitely have appeal with features. We shall see once reviews start coming, till then I'll be content to wait.
    I digitally inserted Jaba the Hutt into the original Star Wars-Eric Cartman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    It's double ejectors not extractors. The extractor spring is one piece of a rubber like material, kinda neat actually. Gas key is integral to carrier which is forged.

I handled a 16" Carbine at SHOT and was impressed with the balance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yea ejector my bad :blush: got my wording mixed up.

Feedback Score
    Looks like someone picked up where MGI left off 8 years ago. MGI had a prototype magwell that fit on their "AR15 lower" that took m14 mags. I'm glad to see someone following through with the concept! Whether it turns out to be viable or not....who cares, at least people are trying to develop/ refine ideas. I'd like to take a look at one of these in person.

advntrjnky

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbutt View Post
    Just the ability to use AR15 rail systems makes this an appealing unit. And the irony behind them releasing this the last week is two day prior I picked up a year or so old LR 308 Ap4. I would definitely like to see reviews on this once users start getting them in hands. It does irk the hell out of me that they used a carbine length gas system again on their AP4, why not middy???? The weight loss looks appealing though from old to new versions.

All in all, these definitely have appeal with features. We shall see once reviews start coming, till then I'll be content to wait.
    I think DPMS has made special barrel nuts that allow using some of their AR15 handguards with their GII barrel nut. My Nexgen 308/260 uppers use any AR15 handguard and the old style DPMS LR lowers.

This is a quote from a DPMS rep- "
    Most two piece 556 handguards will work and the freefloat tubes will require a different barrel nut so it's not a bolt on yet. We have partnered up with several manufactures so your favorite AR-15 rail might just fit down the road! "
    Last edited by constructor; 01-19-14 at 08:54.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast