Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: DPMS GII .308

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azpred View Post
    I'll be looking forward to hearing your opinion comparing the G2 and the Ruger SR762.
    After I've had a chance to shoot the DPMS I'll try to post my thoughts on the two.

Thanks.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked up the rifle from my dealer today. I gave it a good cleaning and checked things over. The previous owner says he put about 600 rounds through the gun. I assume that's about right. There's nothing alarming and the throat looks good, etc. There's a pretty good amount of wear on the face of the buffer from contact with the rear end of the bolt carrier but otherwise the rifle is in very clean condition.

With the 13" MI forend and the Adco barrel dimpling, the rifle is 7.70 pounds without a magazine. Not too shabby! It actually has a bit of a rearward balance point and I'm looking forward to seeing how it will handle.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good looking rifle !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I noticed he had the barrel dimpled too.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Looks like a fun gun, looking forward to hearing how it performs.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It actually surprises me. The upper and lower fit together nicely, the bolt and carrier look nicely machined as do the rest of the parts. DPMS isn't normally associated with quality but if the GII's run and shoot well I think DPMS will really have a winner on their hands.

Feedback Score
    more troubles seen by mix up the specs of parts into a nightmare at best !! well i have been reading up the specs like this ''BARREL: 16" Lightweight 4150 Chromelined '' ok maybe now dpms may have chaged for the better ....i have pulled one barrel of one with two rings in the chamber ,when it was fired for about 4 mags ..F-T-E happens with new barrel ...fixed !
    Last edited by cz7; 05-05-14 at 19:28. Reason: learned a bit more
    "It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I put fifty rounds through the GII this afternoon using both the plastic Magpul sights and my cheapy Redfield 6-18 scope. Ammo consisted of 40 rounds of Tula, 5 rounds of Prvi 168 and 5 rounds of Hornady 155 Match.

First off, I will be replacing the Super Three Gun trigger with a two-stage. I had a number of rounds that I "bump fired" while on the bench. This is something I've had happen with my VTAC too. I have a Geissele SSA in another rifle and have never had this issue.

The rifle is fairly easy and comfortable to shoot. Some of this is no doubt a result of the AAC Brakeout installed by the previous owner but I had expected a bit more recoil from a rifle that's under eight pounds.

Accuracy with the Tula at 100 yards was about what I've come to expect from this ammo. The Prvi didnt shoot a whole lot better with my one group running about two inches. The Hornady group was probably about 1.5" with all five rounds impacting the target in a nearly perfect vertical string.

I experienced no malfunctions or failures of any kind using the DPMS factory mag, 1 Gen2 PMAG and 1 Gen3 PMAG.

The rifle has potential and I'm curious to see how it'll shoot with a bigger variety of hunting and target ammo. While sub-MOA would be nice it probably isn't needed in something that's more a battle rifle than a benchrest gun.

Feedback Score

do this for all of us

keeep a track record on how things go with dpms ......thxs
    "It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast