Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: DPMS GII .308

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I was worried about this. I have an AAC 762 can as well and have really been looking for a gun that will run decently with it attached. Let us know if you end up making any changes.
    I might suggest one of the various piston guns if you're looking for a gun to run suppressed on a fairly regular basis. Either that or something like a Noveske Switchblock.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I read somewhere that the barrel nuts on the GIIs have red loc-tite on them. Can anybody confirm?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have read on Snipershide that some guys are seeing blown out primers, cratering, beat up brass, etc. with reputable factory loaded ammo (Hornady).
    Some suspect this may have to do with a gap between the firing pin and the bolt face (hope that makes sense, not sure what the technical term for this is).
    Anybody seeing this?
    I want to know because I plan on reloading the .308 cases I run through the GII, should I get it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    I have read on Snipershide that some guys are seeing blown out primers, cratering, beat up brass, etc. with reputable factory loaded ammo (Hornady).
    Some suspect this may have to do with a gap between the firing pin and the bolt face (hope that makes sense, not sure what the technical term for this is).
    Anybody seeing this?
    I want to know because I plan on reloading the .308 cases I run through the GII, should I get it.
    I have not blown primers but I am seeing some cratering caused by the large firing pin hole. Primers look similar to what comes out of an M9 pistol, if you're familiar with what the Beretta does.

I don't know if the enlargement is a problem with factory ammo but I could see an issue with some hot hand loads popping primers since the primers will flow more than on a rifle with a smaller firing pin hole.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    We now have offerings for the DPMS GII and the keymod versions will be released on the website within the week! They can be found here: http://www.samson-mfg.com/category/3...PMS_LR-G2.html

10464024_678984212148985_8435233442128147504_n.jpg
    BS.OHS, AS.TS
    Marketing Director
    Director of Training

603-355-3903
    pro@samson-mfg.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ran a mag through the Recon this morning. I ran it with and without my AAC suppressor.

Ammo used was reloads using H4064 and the Hornady 150gr FMJ. I used Remington primers and mixed military brass.

Here's an example of what the rifle will do off the bench at 100 yards. This group was fired with Magpul "iron" sights.

Here's the same load but fired with my Redfield 6-18x44mm scope. High but still a nice group.

The gun really runs hard with the suppressor attached and I had a bolt over base malfunction with my can on. I believe this was based on bolt carrier velocity. One of these days I'll see if I can't get a longer 308 buffer tube so I can play around with heavier buffers but I think ultimately an adjustable gas block will be the best solution for running suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Tokarev you do not have to change the receiver extension(buffer tube) to run a heavier buffer. I would toss the DPMS buffer and get one from http://heavybuffers.com/ar10carbine.html
    Last edited by archad; 06-18-14 at 14:31.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by archad View Post
    Tokarev you do not have to change the receiver extension(buffer tube) to run a heavier buffer. I would toss the DPMS buffer and get one from http://heavybuffers.com/ar10carbine.html
    The sad part about Slash's heavy buffers is that you can buy a VLTOR A5 tube, AR-10 action spring, and H3 buffer during a regular sale for less than the CAR-10 buffer (since it never goes on sale)...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Brownell's has free shipping going on and they sell Slash's heavy buffer and spring for the 308. I might pick one up while the shipping special is going on.

With that said, I would prefer to buy a VLTOR tube and put that on the gun. This will allow me the freedom to experiment with less expensive and more common M4 buffers.

Ultimately, I am fairly certain the best approach will be an adjustable gas block of some sort.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Can anyone tell of the G2 is compatible with the current batch of aftermarket "DPMS Pattern" match grade barrels currently on the market?
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast