Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: DPMS GII .308

Feedback Score
    gbert1775, Is your DPMS G2 a .308/7.62 x51 ? Thanks, I almost pulled the trigger on a MOE same as rifle as your AP4 7.62 for $1,198.00. Since Colt has filed for chapter 11 and read about the same issues with the DPMS Recon. I think that I will buy the Armalite Defender .308 and build her up from there. http://armalite.com/shop/defensive-sporting-rifle-10/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.robbdee View Post
    gbert1775, Is your DPMS G2 a .308/7.62 x51 ? Thanks, I almost pulled the trigger on a MOE same as rifle as your AP4 7.62 for $1,198.00. Since Colt has filed for chapter 11 and read about the same issues with the DPMS Recon. I think that I will buy the Armalite Defender .308 and build her up from there. http://armalite.com/shop/defensive-sporting-rifle-10/

yes, it's a .308/7.62x51.

Ok, cool. I'm sure we'd all enjoy to seeing a report on it once you get it.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)

Loving mine

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    From what I understand the pressure curve of a .308 is different from that of typical 5.56, and a shorter gas system may be just fine. I'm not an expert though.

Even in 5.56 a 16" barrel and carbine gas can work just fine, as seen in the Colt 6920 (and otherwise as long as the port size is correct), although the midlength also works fine and is generally preferable.
    You need a LONGER gas system in 7.62.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3is View Post

Loving mine
    Wow. I'm impressed. Very nice!
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by artoter View Post
    Wow. I'm impressed. Very nice!
    Yup. The Hunter with the rifle gas system makes this a pussy cat to shoot. But the threaded barrel with the Fortis comp and heavy buffer helps too

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert1775 View Post
    FWIW I have a GII ap4 with a carbine length gas system and I'm swapping it with a premium rifle length gas system barrel first chance I get.

It's reliable, but I have too many bent case rims and it just "feels" abrupt when I fire it, if that counts for anything.
    If you get a 16 inch barrel, wouldn't the mid length gas system be more appropriate? You would have to go to an 18 to run a rifle length GS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    If you get a 16 inch barrel, wouldn't the mid length gas system be more appropriate? You would have to go to an 18 to run a rifle length GS.
    You can use RLGS with a 16" barrel. There are a few companies doing it, including KAC, Fulton, and Rainier. With the right port and attention to detail on the gas system, it will run very well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    You can use RLGS with a 16" barrel. There are a few companies doing it, including KAC, Fulton, and Rainier. With the right port and attention to detail on the gas system, it will run very well.
    I didn't realize that it could be done. Are there any drawbacks to it over a middy?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm hoping Ballistic Advantage or another aftermarket parts company will pick up on the GII and make us some barrels.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast