Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: DPMS GII .308

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'm mainly interested in the Recon but would prefer a chrome lined barrel over the stainless but that isn't a deal breaker.

I want to buy one but I really should wait to see what becomes available for aftermarket forends.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
    Midwest Industries already has a Gen 2 SS keymod rail available for it. If I don't like the carbon fiber tube that's probably what I will go with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't seen the GII rail but I have seen MI sights and a few of their other products. I haven't been too impressed.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't seen the GII rail but I have seen MI sights and a few of their other products. I haven't been too impressed.

I had a MI Gen 2 SS on my 300 Blackout for the last couple years before I got out of the caliber. It held up quite well through a couple hunting seasons. It's so light it shouldn't weigh much more than the carbon fiber tube.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is roughly what my G2 Hunter should look like after a few changes.

Factory G2 Hunter

G2 Hunter with 18 inch barrel and carbine receiver extension/stock photoshop representation

G2 RECON

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would imagine that pretty much all the aftermarket accessory companies like Samson, Troy, and VLTOR are working on new barrel nuts and whatever else needs to be done to make rails for the new DPMS. Maybe I'll call around this morning and see what some of them have to say about it.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would imagine that pretty much all the aftermarket accessory companies like Samson, Troy, and VLTOR are working on new barrel nuts and whatever else needs to be done to make rails for the new DPMS. Maybe I'll call around this morning and see what some of them have to say about it.

I would be interested to hear if Samson has anything in the works. Their Evolution FF hand guard has worked really well for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Still waiting on my SASS to come in 😐. My Viper PST 4-16 FFP should come in the mail today. Already got larue SPR mount, SJC Titan comp, waiting for the MI 15" keymod then it's off to get brunt bronzed.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Midwest Industries has greatly improved their product design in the last few years. I agree that their older stuff wasn't great (maybe in the YHM league) but their newer stuff seems very good in design and quality. I base this on owning several of their "gen 2" handguards - 9" and 12" SSG2, midlength drop-in (non free float) handguards, and 9" two-piece free float quadrail.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My gun should be at the FFL Tuesday ! Just waiting on the MI rail now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Alright she is home some pics, if you want something specific just ask...

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast