Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with LMT 10.5"

Feedback Score
    The ammo we were using was Winchester white box .223. I used that on purpose because it is under powered compared to NATO spec. That's what we issue for training ammo, so it also has to function with it. My Sabre Defense barrelled build has no problems with it.

When I say we built the rifle, I mean we assembled it with a complete LMT upper. As far as I know, LMT doesn't sell components.

Has anyone tried the reduced power buffer springs?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Try it with a standard CAR buffer and see how it runs with .223 pressure ammo. Run it very wet with oil with known good mags.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger seven View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call them "undergassed" but LMT does drill their gas ports smaller than some other manufacturers. Grant and a few other dealers have clearly stated that this is due to them being designed to run on NATO-spec 5.56 ammo and not commercial stuff. But certain LMT uppers seem to handle SAAMI-spec ammo better than others, as I've seen some run okay on it and some choke horribly. I only have a statistical sample of about eight or so to base that on, though.

I will echo the previous comments and inquire what ammo was being used.

Derek
    For a 14.5 LMT upper, what do you suggest can be done to ensure proper cycling using Wolf, especially in full auto? Car or H buffer? What about the spring itself? Ive seen people trim them. Whether that's a good idea or not, I really dont know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12