Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2014 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    Awesome. Have the Dimensions and Weight on it by any chance? Ok to install via Crush Washer if not running Suppressed?
    I have a preference towards precision shims and rocksett, but you could probably make the crush washer go in a pinch if you never install a can.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    I have a preference towards precision shims and rocksett, but you could probably make the crush washer go in a pinch if you never install a can.
    Thanks. If I ever did go with a KAC can for one of their devices, I would definitely R&R it with Rocksett and Shims. I'm assuming only KAC cans will interface properly on their newest Muzzle Devices?

Feedback Score
    I don't know of other brand cans that would fit. The new line of cans have rock solid mounting and I've been extremely impressed overall with them.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    How much flash suppression does the 3 prong have over the MAMS?

For someone that can't have a suppressor, does the MAMS offer anything over the 3 prong flash hider on an 11.5" pistol or SBR?

Is there a significant increase in concussion from the MAMS brake over the 3 prong flash hider out of a short barrel?

I never really considered a brake for a 5.56 as recoil just isn't that bad. I was also under the impression that the 3 prong flash hider and MAMS were both compatible with the same suppressors, is there something I'm missing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    How much flash suppression does the 3 prong have over the MAMS?

For someone that can't have a suppressor, does the MAMS offer anything over the 3 prong flash hider on an 11.5" pistol or SBR?

Is there a significant increase in concussion from the MAMS brake over the 3 prong flash hider out of a short barrel?

I never really considered a brake for a 5.56 as recoil just isn't that bad. I was also under the impression that the 3 prong flash hider and MAMS were both compatible with the same suppressors, is there something I'm missing?
    The KAC 3 prong is a better flash suppressor over the MAMS by a wide margin.
    I prefer the 3 Prong over the MAMS for most uses on 11.5" SBR's, that's personally to me and I don't bother with AR pistols.
    There is more "concussion" with the MAMS over the 3 prong, but the MAMS is already mild as far as "concussion" goes compared to similar devices.
    The QDC line of sound suppressors is caliber specific from KAC, with their own muzzle devices, 5.56 is one and 7.62 with 300 AAC Blackout grouped being the difference.
    I have run the larger caliber cans on smaller hosts, but I think it's better to run caliber specific cans in general.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Any updates on the 6 second mount for Glocks? Will I be able to get one with my Christmas money?

Feedback Score
    He picked up a 5-axis machine to do the mounts but I wouldn't expect to see them till after SHOT.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Ok, well thanks for the update ! As long as they are still in the works!

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Thank you, that's exactly the answer I was looking for.

Can you say what barrel profile the new mod 2 11.5" uppers will have?

I know the new 14.5" uppers will have LW barrel profiles with no dimples, but I don't remember seeing anything mentioned on the 11.5" variants

Thanks again

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Thank you, that's exactly the answer I was looking for.

Can you say what barrel profile the new mod 2 11.5" uppers will have?

I know the new 14.5" uppers will have LW barrel profiles with no dimples, but I don't remember seeing anything mentioned on the 11.5" variants

Thanks again
    They are all the lightweight profile.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast