Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2014 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    There are so many options on the market that we don't want to be wedded to any single one, so we put on a simple, inexpensive, readily replaced option. The A2 grip is kinda like sights on a Glock.
    Imagine it as a sign that says "grip goes here".
    Wouldn't it be useful in a less lethal role?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Labayu View Post
    Polish designers will make sure it lasts several lifetimes before they send it to the craftsmen at Radom to build it with a level of fit and finish equivalent to a fine hunting rifle.
    It is rather result of MSBS being joint effort with Polish Military Technical Academy do design new military issue rifle. It takes significant less time to bring to market commercial grade products or prototypes of such, than go trough all that is needed for military adoption process for standard issue rifles (with all red tape involved). Especially when requirements for reliability and durability are legacy of Warsaw Pact standards. I expect MSBS bulpup to become anything more than videogame curio not earlier than 2017.

BTW As commercial grade products, I mean in-house designed products, that only designer/manufacturer defines requirements and features for them. It does not mean inferior products, only that commercial company makes it on their own will, risk and money as COTS product.
    Last edited by montrala; 02-05-14 at 09:09.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post
    Wow am I the only one who is questioning the practicality of this new shot gun. I am not a fan of any under barrel shoty. I bet that thing makes your weapon so unwieldy. Does anyone remember the xm26 and what a disaster that was (not to say this will be like the xm26). I think they are creating a solution for a problem that is a minor issue at best.

With proper TNG, TTP's and SOP's there is no problem running a secondary breaching shotgun. We always ran TL's as breachers as we did not want the TL being number one through the door anyway. Ill keep my nimble breaching 870 and crye can keep this. Does anyone know how much it weighs in both configs? ballistic breaching really not an issue in T1 units as every shooter is equally capable of breaching and going through the door first (unless the shooter is equipped with a open bolt or sniper weapon). So I wonder who was the driving force behind the development of this weapon.
    We ran us SAW gunners as the breachers. Was dumb dumb dumb. Already carrying 600rds of 5.56, SAW, M9, and pyro....oh lets give him the shotgun too.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=mtdawg169;1848805]Interesting that he mentioned Tom. Did he buy directly from KAC as a mil / LE customer?[/QUOT

I'm curious to this as well?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    It's too bad you can't use the new 7.62 cans with 5.56 muzzle devices. I'd be willing to give that up if I currently had a 5.56 suppressor or if I was going to run it full time on my 300blk.

The more I look at it, the more I'm considering the 8.5" URX 4 for my 300blk.
    I don't see why an easy CNC adaptor with appropriate tolerance couldn't be used to mount the 7.62 3/4" can mount to a 5.56 1/2" thread barrel, except that it could be louder, it wouldn't take long to program the operation, with a given that the muzzle threads and shoulder are true "enough".
    Last edited by tom12.7; 02-05-14 at 18:01.

Feedback Score
    Very cool. I'm a fan of that shotgun. I'd like here and see more on that puppy. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    This is around time, when HK came out with G28 in RAL8000. As a curio, RAL8000 is same colour that Rommel's Afrika Korps used back in WW2.
    I think it looks like Dunklegelb RAL 7028, which was the standard Wehrmacht color from 1943 onwards. Very close to SOCOM Dark Earth, too. Very sensible, correct tactical colors.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    Any word on the HK striker fire being announced? I read somewhere that it's supposed to be unveiled at the NRA show.
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Feedback Score
    I was in the market for a nice sling and decided to reach out to the nice folks over at Savvy Sniper to do a custom sling and incorporate the ALG Defense FSS. Turned out rather nice...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwikek View Post
    Any word on the HK striker fire being announced? I read somewhere that it's supposed to be unveiled at the NRA show.
    This is as much as is known for a moment. Maybe HK will show/tell something at EnforceTac/IWA 2014 in March.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast