Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC Mod 1 vs Mod 2?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-Ryan21 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the KMR. Slimmer than the URX 4, and lighter than anything else on the market.

I have a 14.5" BCM BFH with 13" KMR setup, and it has quickly become my favorite full-sized 5.56 rifle (even though it's a registered SBR lol - I no longer own nor do anything over 14.5 inches in 5.56 ).

I'm not a fan of LW barrels, so I went with the government profile barrel, but even so, the rifle is still stupid light because of the KMR handguard. So light that it almost feels like a toy.

And despite how light it is, it is crazy soft shooting. I'm talking every bit as smooth or even smoother shooting than any of my factory KAC dimpled 14.5" Carbines that weigh significantly more.

Hate to derail a KAC thread a bit, and most know I have mad love for KAC, but that BCM KMR rifle of mine shocks everyone who handles and shoots it.

This is quiet tempting I agree, I was trying to decide whether to go for the 14.5" BCM BFH with 13" KMR or KAC SR-15, can you post a link of which upper you got?

Anyone else have the 14.5" BCM and has handled an SR-15 can you please chime in?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Gas system is the biggest bonus.

I was really hoping to be able to go chrome carrier and chrome bolt this year for commercial guns.
    Oh PLEASE do anytime soon. Have been wanting that since I first layed hands on the M110. Only thing I would upgrade on my IWS.
    K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid)
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score
    consensus

Mod2 has better ergonomics and gas system than the mod1?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
    This is quiet tempting I agree, I was trying to decide whether to go for the 14.5" BCM BFH with 13" KMR or KAC SR-15, can you post a link of which upper you got?

Anyone else have the 14.5" BCM and has handled an SR-15 can you please chime in?
    Personal preferences are what they are. We (KAC) went with an intentionally slightly wider inner diameter to accommodate our DSR line of integral suppressors.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    so is the mod 2 gas tube longer or shorter than the mod 1? Merry Christmas all.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    *delete*
    Last edited by CharlieMike; 09-24-18 at 09:39.
    Disclosure: I'm a dealer/owner of an online firearms accessories store.

Feedback Score
    Thanks I got my eye on a mod 2 to go with my legacy.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    *delete*
    Last edited by CharlieMike; 09-24-18 at 09:38.
    Disclosure: I'm a dealer/owner of an online firearms accessories store.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMike View Post
    I think the gas systems are pretty much the same length. The way the new gas block is deigned makes the overall length of the tube itself a bit shorter I think. I'm sure Jack will come along and post correct info shortly.

That gas port looks normal/big to me. I know, I know. It's just a picture. I'd put it at 0.075ish though, just eyeballing.

Feedback Score
    .075" would not be a large port for a KAC intermediate length gas system on a 16" barrel, it would be rather small for that. You might get surprised in your findings if you pin gauged it.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast