Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rainier RUC Complete Lower

Feedback Score
    I was just on the RA website and it appears they have modified the RUC Complete Lower package. I love mine just the way it is, not having to add anything or switch parts out was the biggest selling point for me. I'm really not sure if I would've purchased the new version, primarily because I'm not familiar with the new stock and grip. Everything else looks the same, copied from the site:

Features:

7075 T6 - 6 position Milspec buffer tube - properly staked
    Heavy Buffer
    Battle Arms Development - Ambidextrous Safety Selector - Short Throw (BAD-ASS-ST) for the SPECIALIZED 45°
    MFT Battlelink Minimalist Stock
    ALG QMS trigger
    Fortis QD End Plate
    Magpul MOE Trigger Guard
    MFT Engage AR15 Pistol Grip

**Substitutions are not allowed.

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sh...roduct_id=3352

Attachment 23241
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Appears as though they changed the lower to match the RUC2 complete rifle. I am a big fan of these B5 stocks, the bravo fits my needs perfectly. I am not sure about the Minimalist stock from MFT. It is simple and light be looks like a snaggy bastard. Also curious how well they would stand up to abuse.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I got the stock notification email and was quite disappointed to see the changes to MFT furniture and a price increase. Price on the stripped lower went up as well.

Feedback Score
    Hmmm I hadn't noticed the price increase.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I like everything about the lower, except the new furniture. I'd be willing to pay the higher price, no questions asked if it was in the old configuration. However, I'm no longer interested, knowing that I will immediately swap the furniture and have to sell off the furniture at a discount. I just ordered a BCM lower without a stock instead.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Considering the parts you get with the complete lower, the minor price increase is not a deal breaker for me. I'll be ordering one soon. Compared to other lowers, the Rainier one is actually a very good deal.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Absolutely, you're not doing wrong by getting one. I just think we were so impressed with it as it was configured, the changes caught some of us off guard.

Reminds me of a joke about my adopted home town:

Q: How many Richmonders does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Just one, but the whole city is gonna talk about how great the old bulb was.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yeah I'm a huge fan of RA, but would not purchase anything with that stock on it. That being said, I'm sure it functions just fine.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They still have a complete lower with bravo stock for $385. It has the "uncool" zombie rollmark though which may be a deal breaker for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 7 iron is more accurate than my capabilities. Same with my AR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, the B5 stock, trigger and endplate def make this a good value--I'd end up selling the grip and ambi-selector (just not into ambi-selectors or bad levers).
    I'll have to try out that newer Magpul K grip--I like the more vertical angle (like on my BCM mod1 grip).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123