Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Noveske Ultralight (Update)

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman7 View Post
    Just shot a 14.5" noveske yesterday and was very disappointed with the accuracy, my old noveske barrels are sweet. This is my second newer barrel and what a bummer. What has happen to them, is this a oddity or have others found this as well. Not sure I want to ever take another chance on them.
    How were you disappointed? What type of groups under what circumstances? Maybe you just sucked yesterday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman7 View Post
    Just shot a 14.5" noveske yesterday and was very disappointed with the accuracy, my old noveske barrels are sweet. This is my second newer barrel and what a bummer. What has happen to them, is this a oddity or have others found this as well. Not sure I want to ever take another chance on them.
    Was it the skinny barrel? Also don't take my targets as indicative of the guns mechanical accuracy, I am far from a highly skilled shooter and was using non-magnified sights with ammo not necessarily made for accuracy. I would like to shoot for groups with heavey match rounds sometime with a scope though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just a FYI. As a lightweight stock option. The Colt Rogers super stock is super light for its design. Feels as if it's half the weight of a CTR or MOE. I also believe its lighter than most mil-spec stocks

Feedback Score
    http://www.ar15news.com/2015/04/03/b...n-intro-price/

Battle-Arms-SaberTube-and-Lightweight-Butt-Stock-3.jpg

Lightweight Receiver Extension/Buffer Tube, End Plate Version for the Lightweight Butt Stock and QD End Plate. All MilSpec Type III Class 2 Hard Anodized Black and made in the USA.

Sabertube Features:
    – Precision CNC from billet 6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum
    – Unique, Lightweight and Functional Dimpled Pattern Design
    – MilSpec Carbine Buffer and Buffer Spring Compatible
    – One size fits most Mid Length Buffer Tube
    – Compatible with BAD-LBS Lightweight Butt Stock Only
    – Lightweight design eliminated the need for Castle Nut
    – Shoulder Cut for End Plate. Compatible with all Mil-Spec Lowers (no captive takedown pin detent spring necessary)
    – Patent Pending QD End Plate Features:
    – Precision CNC from billet 7075T6 Aircraft Grade Aluminum
    – Limited rotation (30deg) QD
    Butt Stock Features:
    – Built-In Non-Rotating QD
    – Lightweight 2.8 Ounces (stock only)
    – Grade 5 Titanium Stock Screw
    – Compatible with SABERTUBE Receiver Extension Only

http://www.revolvr.com/exclusive-sab...e-version.html

Sabertube_set.jpg

Looks like the total weight on this is 7.5oz, the "stock" part is only 2.3 oz which they have a version that fits onto a milspec carbine tube. I am not sure about the practicality of it, but it certainly would be lightweight.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by semajwt1 View Post
    Just a FYI. As a lightweight stock option. The Colt Rogers super stock is super light for its design. Feels as if it's half the weight of a CTR or MOE. I also believe its lighter than most mil-spec stocks
    I had a Colt marked Super Stock and weighed it. It is light and is a nice stock but I went with the lightest adjustable stock made: the 4.4oz Colt CAR N1. It is more spartan compared to the Super Super stock but is fine by me; I use the QD end plate as a sling point. The MFT minimalist stock seems to be the go to ultralight stock now. It is less weight (somewhere in the mid 5oz range) than the Super Stock, readily available and also has features like rubber butt pad and QD swivel socket built in.

Stocks on the weight sheet on pg 1

AR-UL-E fixed carbine stock assembly: 9.15oz measured
    -receiver extension tube: 2.65oz
    -foam pad: .55oz
    -gusset/clamp w/ screw: 1oz
    -sling mount (w/o additional plug screw): .35oz
    -clamp-on butt w/ screw: 2.9oz
    -rubber butt pad w/ screws: 1.7oz

4.4oz Colt N1 CAR stock

4.6oz DSArms fiberite CAR type stock

6.56oz Colt Super-Stoc

8.55oz MOE stock

9.7oz MOE-SL Stock

11.55oz LMT SOPMOD w/ storage plugs

13.05oz Magpul SRT stock (w/ stock 1.5oz buttpad and screws)

Quote Originally Posted by burgeman View Post
    http://www.ar15news.com/2015/04/03/b...n-intro-price/

Battle-Arms-SaberTube-and-Lightweight-Butt-Stock-3.jpg

Lightweight Receiver Extension/Buffer Tube, End Plate Version for the Lightweight Butt Stock and QD End Plate. All MilSpec Type III Class 2 Hard Anodized Black and made in the USA.

Sabertube Features:
    – Precision CNC from billet 6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum
    – Unique, Lightweight and Functional Dimpled Pattern Design
    – MilSpec Carbine Buffer and Buffer Spring Compatible
    – One size fits most Mid Length Buffer Tube
    – Compatible with BAD-LBS Lightweight Butt Stock Only
    – Lightweight design eliminated the need for Castle Nut
    – Shoulder Cut for End Plate. Compatible with all Mil-Spec Lowers (no captive takedown pin detent spring necessary)
    – Patent Pending QD End Plate Features:
    – Limited rotation (30deg) QD
    Butt Stock Features:
    – Built-In Non-Rotating QD
    – Lightweight 2.8 Ounces (stock only)
    – Grade 5 Titanium Stock Screw
    – Compatible with SABERTUBE Receiver Extension Only

http://www.revolvr.com/exclusive-sab...e-version.html

Sabertube_set.jpg

Looks like the total weight on this is 7.5oz, the "stock" part is only 2.3[8] oz which they have a version that fits onto a milspec carbine tube. I am not sure about the practicality of it, but it certainly would be lightweight.
    Thanks. I looked into this set-up for my uberlight build but not for Novekse Ultralight since I am dedicated to an adjustable stock for it. The Saber tube has extended external OAL and weighs more than a regular carbine receiver extension because of it and probably the honeycomb design adds some weight as well (I can't remember the exact weight of the SABER tube given in the phone convo). If I drilled and tapped the take down detent hole on my 2A Arms receiver I could eliminate the weight of the end plate (minus about .2oz for V7WS end plate) using the non-end plate SABER tube but I like the idea of using a regular carbine receiver extension (3.6-3.8oz) with V7 alloy end plate and castle nut (.4oz) giving me the option of using either the 4.4oz Colt CAR stock or the 3.0oz BAD-LBS mil-spec version by just swapping them out. This is the advantage of the mil-spec BAD-LPS has over the ACE-UL-E set-up that uses their proprietary buffer tube. The ACE-UL-E can be configured more sparsely and lightly using only the ACE carbine receiver extension tube (2.65oz), gusset clamp w/ screw (1oz), and clamp-on stock w/ screw (2.9oz -- w/o 1.7oz rubber butt pad w/ screws attached) = 6.55oz total. This is lighter than the mil-spec BAD-LBS, mil-spec RE, end plate and castle nut would be but the LOP sucks just sticking the stock on the back of the buffer tube without having any option of putting a regular stock on it when you want to.

Total = 8.4oz
    -V7 7075 first run carbine receiver extension: 3.6oz
    -V7 alum. alloy castle nut and alum. end plate: .4oz
    -Colt N1 CAR stock: 4.4oz

Feedback Score
    Noveske 14.5” “Skinny” Barrel

The Novekse 14.5” “Skinny” barrel was tested while wearing a Centurion free-float rail. For this barrel, I fired eight 10-shot groups in a row from the bench at a distance of 100 yards using match-grade hand-loads. The extreme spreads for those eight groups were as follows:

1.78”
    1.89”
    1.68”
    1.71”
    1.81”
    2.12”
    1.60”
    1.84”

for an average extreme spread of 1.8” and a composite mean radius of 0.55”.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    Noveske 14.5” “Skinny” Barrel

The Novekse 14.5” “Skinny” barrel was tested while wearing a Centurion free-float rail. For this barrel, I fired eight 10-shot groups in a row from the bench at a distance of 100 yards using match-grade hand-loads. The extreme spreads for those eight groups were as follows:

1.78”
    1.89”
    1.68”
    1.71”
    1.81”
    2.12”
    1.60”
    1.84”

for an average extreme spread of 1.8” and a composite mean radius of 0.55”.
    Wow, thank you Molon! So glad to see you posting again, thanks for gracing my thread with this info

Seems like the lightweight barrel took the heat of 80 shots in a row pretty well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345