Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Would Happen If You Forgot...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Angry I KNOW FROM MY PAST MISTAKES Before the eternet.

The bolt would get jammed in the buffer tube when you pulled the charging handle back. I KNOW BEAUSE I did it a long,long ,long time ago duing a fuction test on a unload CAR-15, Back in the Late 80's.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platinumdude View Post
    Is there a good link to doing a function test? I am new to ARs, (only shot hand guns), so I want to do everything right when I finally get my new AR.
    This would be the functions test for a semi only AR-15. 3 round burst and full auto would differ slightly.

Step 1: Clear Weapon: Eject magazine, lock bolt to the rear, inspect chamber and bolt face for ammunition, if clear allow bolt to return forward. Place selector switch to "Safe".

Step 2: Attempt to fire weapon by pulling the trigger while selector switch is on safe, weapon should not fire (release internal hammer).

Step 3: Rotate selector switch to "Fire" and attempt to fire. Weapon should fire (release internal hammer), hold trigger to the rear after firing.

Step 4: Charge weapon while holding the trigger to the rear. Slowly release trigger, you should hear a metallic click.

Step 5: Place weapon on safe, function check complete.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123