Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 fired, on safe, while bolt being closed

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox33 View Post
    conclusion... corrosion in trigger group... I guess I didnt clean it nearly as much as I thought I did

remedy... new trigger for gun (timney)
    Yeah, they sold ya a bill of goods before they announced the recall...

http://xmprecall.remington.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post

Besides, you REALLY think .gov would use some sort of false-flag recall to collect a bunch of deer rifles and not, oh I dunno, semi-automatic rifles that are often void of color, take detachable magazines of varying capacities, and have shoulder things that go up?
    Hmm, so the "Counter Sniper Team" is using a bolt action deer rifle?

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    Enjoy your new rem. 700. They fixed this problem a while back. You could have sent it in for repair. But he'll now you get a new one. Call rem. talk to a man (this is important) and explain to them that you are going to need a new rifle. Glad your ok that could have hurt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JB326 View Post
    Our work guns got new Timney's because of this possibility.
    We had this happen in training while trying to replicate it...we have since gone the aftermarket route on our 700's. We have also had safety malfunctions on our AI AE mk1's deliberately in training. Due to this, we have gone to the Snipercraft style "Cover Safe" routine. We no longer use our safety and go bolt up when safe is needed.
    Last edited by GPDCop709; 05-17-14 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Hmm, so the "Counter Sniper Team" is using a bolt action deer rifle?
    So where is that executive order you've been waiting for?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    So where is that executive order you've been waiting for?
    Why paper trail, when you can purchase a Timeny.

Maybe the EO is buried in FM 3-63

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPDCop709 View Post
    We had this happen in training while trying to replicate it...we have since gone the aftermarket route on our 700's. We have also had safety malfunctions on our AI AE mk1's deliberately in training. Due to this, we have gone to the Snipercraft style "Cover Safe" routine. We no longer use our safety and go bolt up when safe is needed.
    GPDCop709, could you elaborate more on the safety malfunction of your AI rifles? This is the first I've heard of this, but I am not a precision rifle guy.

Has anyone here had any similar issues with a Steyr or a Sako rifle? I definitely wouldn't put my faith in a Remington after reading this thread.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox33 View Post
    conclusion... corrosion in trigger group... I guess I didnt clean it nearly as much as I thought I did

remedy... new trigger for gun (timney)
    Bullshit.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    As a LEO precision rifleman for over 15 years I've read, heard of and personally witnessed 3 of these incidents over the years. My answer, even on my rifles with timney and rifle basics triggers was to go bolt up till I'm ready to fire. My work was mostly overwatch and observation and covering entry teams. If you queston your equipment it's time to change something. My long term answer was to go to a Noveske AR in 5.56 and a Larue in 7.62. Giesselle triggers are nice, as are timneys which is what I installed in my rifles. My totally custom Remington is now mostly a paper puncher. For the first 10 rounds or so there is minimal accuracy degragation and the confidence of follow up shots and knowing I won't have an ND are worth a lot to me.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutchris View Post
    Bullshit.
    Bullshit on the bullshit

This information came straight from Greg Baradat, the President of Remington Defense, and former 1st Grouper (people from my community are kinda tight ya know). He told me this on the phone. He offered to replace the trigger for free.

I declined, because honestly I'd rather go with something else. I'll forgive your ignorance in calling me a liar, as there are many on the internet, but I would refrain from doing it again.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast