Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WHAT'S SHIPPING: Glock Model 42, .380 Auto (UPDATED 03/21/14)

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Thank you very much for the thorough review. I'd say I agree with your conclusions, and find the 42 to be by far the most shootable 380 I've spent much time with. In fact, I was never too interested in any of them, but after shooting it at SHOT, I had to have one, and got it very soon after getting back from Vegas. I did witness one person with large hands get some slide bite, but my meat hooks have not been bitten. Interesting that the magazine is a 1.5 stack. I like to pocket carry with a Remora holster...small and light...not much different than carrying my phone. I am eager to try some Pearce grip extensions, I think that might really round out this pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was set on picking up a S&W 442 no lock as a BUG/deep cover piece. I'm still leaning towards it, but the G42 is certainly getting my attention. I just am not a fan of the ballistics of the .380. I enjoy seeing your feedback Skintop.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I shot a buddies G42 along with a BG380 that I bought recently. The 42 was much nicer to shoot but did have two bobbles with AE 95gr ball (FTE) out of 50 rounds. I shot both guns at 10 yards and shot the BG a little better as it is easier to stage the trigger even though it's a long hard trigger pull. I will be picking up a G42 in the future.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    I had been carrying a Bersa Thunder 380 for years. Accurate and comfortable to shoot. It is PP size and all metal making it heavier.
    My KAHR P380 is a handful shooting fast.
    I had a Bersa Thunder back in 2009. I sent it back in for repairs twice for serious failure to eject problems (couldn't make it 3 consecutive rounds between problems) before I finally sold it at a loss with full disclosure. It left a bitter taste in my mouth on the brand to say the least.

I had a S&W PPK (non-S) that I absolutely loved. Machining was rough, and the DA trigger was insanely heavy, but man that little pistol could shoot. Ex-wife took it, and honestly it was way too heavy for what it was.

Never had any desire to own an LCP. Shot one on 3 or more occasions and hated it. I appreciate how concealable it is, but that's it. Same with the Keltec.

This Glock is the first 380 I have had a desire to own in a long time. I'm just having a hard time justifying it over a S&W 442.

Feedback Score
    Love mine... 300 rounds, no issues so far. Monarch .380s

I have XS night sights, NDZ extended magazine release, talon grips, and Pearce magazine extensions on it already. Waiting for a lighter spring, trigger bar, extended slide stop release, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfhb View Post
    Love mine... 300 rounds, no issues so far. Monarch .380s

I have XS night sights, NDZ extended magazine release, talon grips, and Pearce magazine extensions on it already. Waiting for a lighter spring, trigger bar, extended slide stop release, etc.
    Can you discuss your choice of mods, the reasoning behind them, what they've done for you?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score

WHAT'S SHIPPING: Glock Model 42, .380 Auto (UPDATED 03/21/14)

Well, the magazine release was because I felt that the factory release was too recessed and I had to tilt the weapon to release the magazine.

The XS big dot night sights are self explanatory. I have them on all my Glocks. The best sights for fast target acquisition.

The Pearce grips are another gimme. I hate my 5th digit falling off the grip... The Pearce is perfect to stop that.

I looked at the extended mag release and magazine extensions from Galloway Precision, but they make them on a "prototyper" (fancy word for 3D printer)... And they are rough to the touch and look flimsy. The extended magazine release I got from them didn't even fit properly. Granted, they're new so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. They also make a +1 mag extension, but it's bulky and not very attractive at all. Still made on the same printer as well.

The talon grips are just amazing and again, I have them on all my Glocks. There are two kinds, sandpaper and rubber... I prefer the rubber, but the sandpaper definitely work better. Though they grab your shirt when concealed.

I have a DeSantis hybrid IWB holster for it that conceals it very nicely.

As for the other future upgrades...

I prefer a 3# trigger pull. So a trigger bar and spring set would achieve that.

I also prefer a stainless or titanium guide rod instead of the polymer rod that is glocks OEM. They add weight to the fore end and lower recoil.

The extended slide stop release is yet another item on all my glocks... It is just 10x easier and faster to actuate the release with the extended lever.

There are some others I would do (if they even become available for the G42)... Like stainless pins, stainless take down lever, stainless slide stop lever, ClipDraw, aluminum trigger, titanium safety and firing pin, etc etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kingfhb; 04-19-14 at 18:16.
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    How does the G42 compare in size to the G26?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Skintop did a great comparison in Post 14 of this thread.

Readers Digest Version, the G42 is WAY thinner than the G26.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Skintop did a great comparison in Post 14 of this thread.

Readers Digest Version, the G42 is WAY thinner than the G26.
    Thanks, I don't know how I missed that.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast