Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone been following these polymer lowers from Tennessee Arms?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

Anyone been following these polymer lowers from Tennessee Arms?

I have 4 of the lowers in circulation now. One issue that 3 of them have now is the polymer housing the roll pin for the bolt catch has cracked on one side. I'm not too concerned about it but it may be an area to thicken if others have it. Here is the area I mean:

And this was a one off issue where material was thin in magwell:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sadmin; 02-26-15 at 09:36.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    I have 4 of the lowers in circulation now. One issue that 3 of them have now is the polymer housing the roll pin for the bolt catch has cracked on one side. I'm not too concerned about it but it may be an area to thicken if others have it. Here is the area I mean:

And this was a one off issue where material was thin in magwell:

The bolt catch roll pin has been resolved in the short term by reworking our secondary manufacturing. We are now reaming that hole out using an 8 inch aircraft bit that shoots a straight hole through the bolt catch ears instead of the older method that cause a slight angle/added pressure to the area. We have another machine shop looking at the mold today looking at doing some changes to the mold to allow variance work and also build up this area with some added material. As for the hole in the bolt catch/hammer wall. We haven't seen that in a long while. This was caused by a short shot in the mold and has been resolved . If you let me know the 3rd, 4th, and 5th number of the serial number Ill be able to tell the Generation of the lower and will probably get you a free replacement with a lower with a complete wall and a bolt catch with a straight set of holes through it. We are making a run of Black , FDE , Clear, and pink next week. Tax time has wiped out our inventory so we are quickly making replacements. Both of your issues are easily resolved and we would like to get you a new receiver for the one shown and for the others that might be having problems.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Man, thanks. That's great CS. It's not something that would stop me from purchasing; I did let "Pops" know of the magwell when I received it and he offered to replace. I am just too lazy to back the LPK out and send it in since it was for a .22 LR build. It would NOT deter me from recommending TA.

Feedback Score
    Man, thanks. That's great CS. It's not something that would stop me from purchasing; I did let "Pops" know of the magwell when I received it and he offered to replace. I am just too lazy to back the LPK out and send it in since it was for a .22 LR build. It would NOT deter me from recommending TA.

For the love of all things holy, don't talk to "pops" if you ever want anything done. Call us or email me or Dave . john@tac-llc.com or dave@tac-llc.com . Never pop@tac-llc.com E V E R .. lol

Feedback Score
    Just got this video from a customer. Thought some of you would enjoy

Feedback Score
    Just to let everyone know, we are getting the hand loads that place the buffer retainer in it's position are being remachined to move the retainer forward and prevent buffer damage. We should have these for our next production run and I will keep everyone updated as to how it goes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Dave
    Have you got the tooling straight for the buffer retainer placement? I have some lowers waiting to be corrected.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had a strange experience today trying to get one of these lowers. I live a bit over an hour away and had a rare day off, so decided to take a drive up Dyersburg to see about picking up one to try out. Hours listed on Google maps showed them open till 1630.

My wife wanted to go too so we headed that way. We pulled up to their small shop at 1505 and walked up to the door and it was locked. The door said their hours were 9-5 and had a phone number. So my wife called the number on the door and it rang several times and went to voice mail.

So I called the number that was listed on Google maps. A young lady answered and told me that the door way locked because the owner wasn't there. She asked me what I wanted and I told her I was interested in looking at a lower and was considering buying one. She told me that they weren't able to do any business or unlock the door until the owner returned.

I just found this very odd.

I left fairly confused and pretty disappointed.

Maybe I'll get to try one out if one of the local gun shops starts carrying them so I don't have to pay a transfer fee to actually get a hold of one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Reached 7k on this lower this weekend. No issues to report, just another sample.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reached 7k on this lower this weekend. No issues to report, just another sample.
    Thanks.

I really like seeing what they are doing for people. I picked up three with the Black Friday sale, which I think lasts until Monday. For the price, and considering it is free shipping, I could not do any better locally unless I found a $25 lower (figuring in the transfer costs).

I do got to say, they are quick with getting in contact with FFLs. Ordered Friday morning (around 8AM), but forgot to send my FFL an email until this morning. Told me they reached out to him the day before (Friday), and he forwarded his license to them right after.

Getting two black and one FDE. One black is going to be a lightweight build, since I wanted to see how light I can get an AR. The FDE is actually going to be my first tan/colored firearm (all mine are black or stainless/nickel). And the last black is a rainy day lower.

Will post up reports when I get uppers for the two.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast