Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone been following these polymer lowers from Tennessee Arms?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm beta testing these lowers right now (have a black and FDE). There are a few issues with the new Gen2 that I've detailed to the mfg and they're going to make a Gen3. No issues thus far with the metal inserts. I hope to eventually use one in a lightweight build. I'd wait for a more finalized revision unless you're interested in beta testing too.

Feedback Score
    I have had the gen 1 and did some unscientific strength tests with it before sending it back. I'm on gen 2 right now about to widen the rear take down area and get the safety issue figured out this week. I'm going to try and get a lpk in it this weekend. I'm looking forward to the gen 3, I think everything will be flushed out by then.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    99 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalMark View Post
    Another good option would be to look at the lightweight MAG Tech lowers https://www.primaryarms.com/MAG-Tact...mgtsg4-blk.htm
    See post 58
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ghlight=broken

Feedback Score
    I have been following them on Lightfighter as well. I have 2 grand daughters and I'm thinking a couple of pink lowers would be just the thing with a Rock River 16' light weight barrel upper. I might jump in on the Gen III. I see there have been some issues but I'm thinking with a little care and seeing where some of the others have been having some issues I can avoid the problems and complete the lowers. kwg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can see having a poly lower on a range gun, wife&kids setup, etc.. That being said I'm going to poke fun at people (in general, no one in particular) that are always trying to build the lightest gun possible, saving every once of weight on every part, my advice to them is-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HPPoUaJKZQ Sorry, just had to
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    That being said I'm going to poke fun at people (in general, no one in particular) that are always trying to build the lightest gun possible, saving every once of weight on every part, my advice to them is-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HPPoUaJKZQ Sorry, just had to
    It's a good thing you don't ride bikes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalMark View Post
    Another good option would be to look at the lightweight MAG Tech lowers https://www.primaryarms.com/MAG-Tact...mgtsg4-blk.htm
    I'd rather run a polymer lower than a cast lower. IMO MAG lowers are literally a wildcard in terms of what you get. They are cast, so there is a huge chance of getting sheer crap. Too many pics and posts around of sheared off receiver extensions, cracks, etc.

Lifetime warrenty IMO isn't worth anything if you will be replacing the damn thin every time you go to the range. As much as I wanted to like them, I just couldn't. Maybe if they weren't cast they would be worth something.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    How about this, spend the 175$ that you'd spend on this crap, and ultimately respend on the correct stuff on the v7 parts which ultimately will make a normal lower 2+ oz lighter. Issue solved and you have not sacrificed anything at all.
    Black lower is $45 on sale now. I would use some of the V7 stuff for the build. The lighter you start the lighter you finish! GH

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    I'd rather run a polymer lower than a cast lower. IMO MAG lowers are literally a wildcard in terms of what you get.
    With the exception of the Cav Arms lower (which I know has it's own share of haters), plastic lowers to this point haven't been a wildcard... they've all sucked.

It's the way forward, though, and whoever can make a reliable one should do well. Obviously the technology isn't ready for prime time, but some day it will be.

Feedback Score
    I'm doing a complete build with the v7 stuff and the tnarms polymer lower. It should be pretty interesting to see how light I can go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast