Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CHP arrest on-duty firefigher while treating crash victims . . .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Exclamation CHP arrest on-duty firefigher while treating crash victims . . .

Nanny/Police state working for you!

Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...8011.html?vp=1
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thats sad. Very sad. Made me get a knot in my gut sad.

Feedback Score
    So when I read the headline I figured: Offduty fireman, pulls up in his Dodge Ram in street clothes to render first aid, and there is a huge misunderstanding... I was shocked to see him in bunker gear at an actual accident...

I don't want to turn this into the typical anti cop thread - but - this really speaks to a "my way, or the highway" mentality on the part of the CHP officer (see what I did there). Even if he was right - one would think that he would have said to himself: "self, you are in the right, but the guy is a fire fighter, treating victims, and he is in uniform, and there are TV camera's rolling, and right or wrong, I'm going to look like an idiotic 'triple A with a badge' schmuck by arresting this guy... I am so glad I moved out of that crazy ass state...
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I think this, and things like this, are in the minority, which is why they make the news. I do not for a second think that cop is like all, or most, LEOs. He is a schmuck who needs some serious disciplining.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I normally try to stay out of these types of threads, but I can honestly say I feel that officer should lose his job for this. What an asshat.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not sure about CA, but here it is standard operating procedure for our FD's to park their apparatuses in a way so as to shield themselves and their patients from oncoming traffic. If this is the attitude that CHP takes with FD then I hope they never need EMS. Would that trooper arrested him if he was treating a fellow trooper on the highway? Do they arrest ambulance drivers for busting red lights and or speeding enroute to or from a call?

This is a shining example of how asinine that place is, it is void of all logic.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    I normally try to stay out of these types of threads, but I can honestly say I feel that officer should lose his job for this. What an asshat.

I do to. If he is willing to do that to an on duty firefighter actively treating accident victims on scene over the parking of an engine, I can only imagine how he treats the general public.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Not the first time and it won't be the last........

Cop Vs. Fire
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O0O0TaQBE0

Cop Vs. EMT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4G37Ouy164

Last edited by AMMOTECH; 02-06-14 at 16:03.
    -David

AR-15 owner/shooter since 1998

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Should be dealt with accordingly.....as in fired. If I did that, I would expect to NOT HAVE A JOB as soon as my Sgt, LT, CPT, and Chief found out.
    Last edited by J-Dub; 02-06-14 at 16:06.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Not sure about CA, but here it is standard operating procedure for our FD's to park their apparatuses in a way so as to shield themselves and their patients from oncoming traffic. If this is the attitude that CHP takes with FD then I hope they never need EMS. Would that trooper arrested him if he was treating a fellow trooper on the highway? Do they arrest ambulance drivers for busting red lights and or speeding enroute to or from a call?

This is a shining example of how asinine that place is, it is void of all logic.
    I understand what you are saying, but in my area I have seen the Fire Department respond to a six lane interstate and block all three lanes traveling in one direction to treat someone on the right shoulder. They had traffic at a stand still and some of us were curious why they could not open one lane. They would still have two lanes and a shoulder to work with and I was curious why 32' was not enough room to treat the person parked on the shoulder.

Where was the truck parked in this particular incident and why didn't the fireman move it when the CHP officer told him to? Before we hang the CHP officer, let's get a few more details.
    Last edited by T2C; 02-06-14 at 16:10.
    Train 2 Win

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast