Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How long before we're dealing with the next 'shortage' and are you ready?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    Could be tomorrow. And no I would guess Im not "ready" as I haven't cleaned out my local stores....and I don't lose sleep at night. Nor do I have any plans to "stock up".
    Dude, I've been "stocked" for years! Sure, I could always use a few more mags and or ammo but quite honestly I didn't blink during the Newtown crap. When people were fretting about $3K AR's and $50 PMAGS I just laughed. You snooze you lose.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    $50 PMAGs that's cheap, CTD had them priced at $99.99 LOL . . . I think they are still sitting on a warehouse full of mags that no one bought.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One can only hope that they are. I would say they hurt us more than ever helped.

I watched people try to hock mags at $50+ for months after that, some even trying to get as much as $200. Sadly the LGS who usually had the highest prices actually ended up being the place with the best prices on mags and 5.56 which was the only reason i was able to shoot. I had plenty, though since prices have dropped I've added a number of mags to my inventory. That said, I remember having people trying to buy my ARs and mags at the range when I went shooting, got some crazy offers and some trying to "help me" get rid of those evil rifles before the gov starting kicking in doors and confiscating. Buying what I can when I have the money and sliding deals to those I know who can use the deals the best I can.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I still can't 9mm for the price and quantity that I want, and I'm not being unreasonable here.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    You have checked out LAX reloads? I'm loving that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I still can't 9mm for the price and quantity that I want, and I'm not being unreasonable here.
    Went to WalMart yesterday. 1200 round ammo cans of 9MM. I asked the guys how much it was. $497!! I just said, wow, that's a bit too pricey. They just both shook their heads and said I know, sorry. It was a bit surreal all together. The ammo in stock, the price, two people at a sporting goods counter in a Walmart when there is typically none, and both looking genuinely sorry about the price of goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As long as that ammo can sit at $497 and nobody's buying, the better things will eventually get...
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is the state of the nation because the idiots grossly outnumber those who take time to actually understand the issues at hand. This is also why we have a nation who voted for the novelty of "having helped elect the first black President" regardless of his qualifications (or complete lack of qualifications) or his various anti American agendas.
    We should have a beer sometime AUG....

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I still can't find certain bullets (Barnes 300BLK 110gr black tip and Barnes 130gr TTSX). You can find them loaded for $1.65, but I need to do load development instead of wasting money. So the shortage is still in effect.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Dude, I've been "stocked" for years! Sure, I could always use a few more mags and or ammo but quite honestly I didn't blink during the Newtown crap. When people were fretting about $3K AR's and $50 PMAGS I just laughed. You snooze you lose.
    amen brother
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast