Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How long before we're dealing with the next 'shortage' and are you ready?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If one were going to stock up on parts for the next scare, what would be the best parts? I remember lower's & LPK's were VERY hard to come by, so those are no-brainers, but what else?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    If one were going to stock up on parts for the next scare, what would be the best parts? I remember lower's & LPK's were VERY hard to come by, so those are no-brainers, but what else?
    BCGs were going for a king's ransom and as rare as a virgin in a maternity ward this last go around.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I'm sorry. Where the **** did this come from? :-o

I sold 10 loaded PMAGS (210 rounds) for $1,000 shipped on ARFCOM when the panic first started. It was insane. I think I had $200 in everything.
    Last edited by Iraqgunz; 01-30-14 at 22:23. Reason: Don't quote the crap.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    BCG's.

C4

Feedback Score
    I'm going to agree with Grant say 2015. Looks like the Republicans are going along with amnesty They'll probably loose the House and won't get the Senate either. And after that the Dems go full ape shit for Gun control, and stock piling up won't work because unlike 94 there won't be a grandfathering them in. We sad to say as a country are done

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    I'm going to agree with Grant say 2015. Looks like the Republicans are going along with amnesty They'll probably loose the House and won't get the Senate either. And after that the Dems go full ape shit for Gun control, and stock piling up won't work because unlike 94 there won't be a grandfathering them in. We sad to say as a country are done
    What's your point? Don't know about you but I ain't handing in shit so stockpiling WILL come in handy in that scenario.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 01-31-14 at 01:15.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    Wyclef Jean... A fantastically liberal Haitian...
    Yeah, that's the guy. Well aware of his politics- the line just fit perfectly.

On topic- frankly, I really wish that I had the money to stash a few parts that I don't need, but that everyone else will want. What I would have given to have had a case of 7.62 Pmags circa Newtown.... Alas, it is not to be. Probably won't even get very far with the "needed" stuff before the pile of BS comes dumping down.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I put some money every month into ammo/mags/spares. Made it part of the budget. Even the fiancé asked the other day "if she should pick up some 22LR on the way home," because she knew a local shop had gotten some in stock. (That part made me smile. She wasn't a shooter when we met.)
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    I put some money every month into ammo/mags/spares. Made it part of the budget. Even the fiancé asked the other day "if she should pick up some 22LR on the way home," because she knew a local shop had gotten some in stock. (That part made me smile. She wasn't a shooter when we met.)
    Just scored 2 525 22lr federal value packs at an lgs @ $29.95. Haven't seen anything like that on a shelf since early last year. I had given up on walmart for anything for over a year.

Feedback Score
    There is IMO still shortages for powders primers and 22lrs. Just wait until Hillary is our president. Door to door confiscation. I have little faith in the majority of the voters and 0 faith in our politicians. Too much TV and sports.
    Last edited by SteveS; 02-06-14 at 20:22.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast