Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How long before we're dealing with the next 'shortage' and are you ready?

Feedback Score
    Hillary is the top runner because the left controls the media and the messaging in America today.

The left wins elections not because their candidates and ideas are better...but because they control the messaging.

The left makes Fast & Furious, Benghazi and the IRS scandals go to the back burner and Christie's bridge fiasco stay on the screens and front pages longer.

When you control the messaging...you win the elections. Simple enough.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Lets be honest.

The current regime WOULD have passed all sorts of gun legislation if they could. We just got lucky and they got stopped.

We stand a VERY good chance of getting Hillary in 2016, along with other radical Democrats getting elected to Congress and various blue state offices. One more mass shooting and media blitz and oh yes..we could EASILY face another shortage.

Having the belief that "oh well...they really did not pass much THIS time..." is a VERY short sighted view if you ask me.

...keep buying and stocking up

-brickboy240
    Spot on.

We dodged a bullet after Sandy Hook because the call went out and people joined the NRA/GOA, called/wrote/emailed their Represenatives and Senators.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Training and Force Multipliers

Buying gear is easy. Training is the key. It doesn't come from Walmart. Or vendors on the internet.

Posted by M4C member Diz:
    You know it’s funny, as I sat here contemplating this thread, I was thinking there is a Walmart not far from my house, where I could conceivably walk in with a credit card and buy everything I needed to survive and fight. A nice AR, ammo, food, water, boots, clothing and equipment. It might not be the best brand out there but it would do. Practically speaking, if the shit hit the fan, and you could make it to any good outdoor gear store, you would have most everything you would need to survive. But the knowledge and wisdom to use that stuff can’t be picked up overnight, as it were. So why are we so wrapped up in what we can so easily obtain, and overlooking that which will be priceless?

A man once said, if it’s my life I’m talking about, I don’t mind paying $400.00 for a pair of boots. Well, I would change that to if it’s my life I’m talking about, I don’t mind paying $400.00 for the training I’m gonna need.

http://maxvelocitytactical.com/2014/...-pro/#comments
    This is from a thread on what ammo to stash.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Other than a handful of pistol ammo on rimfire here and there... I only stash .223. I'm as streamline as it gets.

If things keep going south, the carbine/rifle are all that will matter.
    "If things keep going south" what kind of carbine/rifle training do you need to have acquired?

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Have been to one of his CRCD classes, along with at least one other member here.
    "Fantasy camp"? No. The thing is, he gears it so that *almost* anyone can attend (as long as you have a modicum of mobility, didn't buy your first gun yesterday, and aren't 400 pounds overweight) and get something out of it (even if it's just how out of shape you are... ), so you get out what you put in. Also, his CRCD classes are the ultra-basic stuff- kind of like "carbine 1" for team tactics- crawl mode if you will. Which is where 90% of people need to start anyway, even though he has started a more advanced "patrol" class which builds on the things learned in CRCD, as well as getting people further out of their comfort zone.
    Which, imo, were the big takeaways- how big of a force multiplier working effectively as a team can be for you (and a bit of a reality check when you realize how ****ed you are if you're up against people with hostile intent working as a team- or just plain outnumbering you-the folks that think like those on the prepper shows haven't got a clue....), and how much work needs to be put into actually BEING effective with/as a team- both physically, and because you can't just do it once and be GTG. You need seriously dedicated people. It may also cause one to rethink their gear setup...
    How long do you think this sort of training is going to be available the average citizen? While many tolerate (and, in some cases, make money from) skill at arms for individuals, they are very uncomfortable with mere citizens having the sort of training described above. Especially when "things keep going south."
    Last edited by Submariner; 02-07-14 at 17:06.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    How long do you think this sort of training is going to be available the average citizen? While many tolerate (and, in some cases, make money from) skill at arms for individuals, they are very uncomfortable with mere citizens having the sort of training described above. Especially when "things keep going south."

You sir are absolutely correct. All one has to do is peruse the DOJ/FBI domestic terrorist pamphlets that they have distributed at surplus stores and gun shops in the past and you can see how easy it will be for the DHS to label anyone participating in "para-military training" (aka a 3-day carbine course) as some ultra-right wing radical militant.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567