Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: First Look at BCM's NEW M4 Upper Receiver

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

First Look at BCM's NEW M4 Upper Receiver

The good folks at BCM were kind enough to send me a sample of their new BCM M4 Upper Receiver. "Another boring M4 Upper Receiver you say?" Well, not quite. This one has some advantages over all other ones.

Back story, BCM has been buying upper receivers out in the OEM market place for some time. They have discovered a problem with this. First is the fact that AR parts manufacturers will ship you whatever they feel like (meaning don't care if the part is in spec or not). BCM has had to reject upwards of 50% of the upper receivers they get in because they did not meet their specs and standards! Things like the Picatinny rail slots are off or not square and true or the inside dims are not right and your BCG is too loose or too tight, etc, etc..

Having had enough of this, BCM is having a machine shop make these uppers to their drawings. Lots of QC procedures are in place to ensure everything is correct (pics on this to come). There was one small change made from the TDP on these receivers. They made the Inside Diameter for barrel extension slightly undersized for a tighter fit to the barrel. By doing this, you will improve the accuracy of your AR.

Features:

• Precision machined to correct Mil-Specs from 7075 T6 Forgings
    • Fully Assembled with forward assist, and ejection port cover
    • Mil-Std 1913 Rail for mounting optics and accessories
    • Machined for use with barrels that use an M4 barrel extension
    • Laser etched T-markings for addressing the remounting of optics
    • Includes Mil-Spec Forward Assist with heat treated tool steel pawl, with press fit and pinned cap
    • Hard Coat Anodized per Mil-A-8625F, Type III, Class2
    • Made in the U.S.A.

This receiver will not include the BCM logo etched on the receiver. It is marked “BCM4” over the gas tube hole. MAP is $119.

C4

Last edited by C4IGrant; 01-31-14 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Grant, do you know if BCM will these new M4 upper receivers on their upcoming KMR upper?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Good for Paul! I love it when he does this stuff!

He demands excellence from his suppliers and, if they don't deliver, he takes his business away. The man walks the walk.

THIS is the type of action that will cause other parts suppliers to follow suit. The entire industry benefits.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    When will these be shipping?
    Justin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Good for Paul! I love it when he does this stuff!

He demands excellence from his suppliers and, if they don't deliver, he takes his business away. The man walks the walk.

THIS is the type of action that will cause other parts suppliers to follow suit. The entire industry benefits.
    That's a really great way to put it.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Paul also donated a new carbine for a raffle to raise money for Army Chief (CW5 Chuck Petrie's) family. A very, very generous gift - add that to BCM's rep for quality.

The timing on this upper receiver is excellent, I'm starting a new RECCE build.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Paul also donated a new carbine for a raffle to raise money for Army Chief (CW5 Chuck Petrie's) family. A very, very generous gift - add that to BCM's rep for quality.

The timing on this upper receiver is excellent, I'm starting a new RECCE build.
    If I hadn't grabbed one of their blem uppers for $79 (including all upper small parts), I would be sad.

Still, this is a no-brainer for my future builds. Hopefully Paul eventually makes a slick-side (sans forward assist, but with brass deflector).
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    this is awesome, out of the few top quality ar's out there bcm is what i went with and never looked back. their rate of rejection says alot about them as a company and how alot of other ones would just slap these on a gun and let them go.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Outstanding. Thanks for the heads up.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by weez440 View Post
    this is awesome, out of the few top quality ar's out there bcm is what i went with and never looked back. their rate of rejection says alot about them as a company and how alot of other ones would just slap these on a gun and let them go.
    BINGO.

That's how we know the "just as good as" crowd is full of shit. Nobody else has a rejection rate like that...especially with orders pending.

Paul is a dying breed of stand-up guys. That is reflected in how he conducts business.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast