Thread: Ron Paul rally moves to the Target Center

Feedback Score

Ron Paul rally moves to the Target Center

The RNC convention is being held at the Xcel Energy Center. Capacity is 18,064.

The Ron Paul rally is now being held at the Target Center, with a max capacity of 18,000

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...ul-gets-b.html

ABC News' Z. Byron Wolf reports: Ron Paul is not holding his breath for a speaking slot at the Republican National Convention in Minneapolis/St. Paul in September and he has long planned a day-long shadow convention to give him an arena to expound his limited government mantra.

But, worried about the size of his arena, his new political action group--The Campaign for Liberty--has booked a bigger one.

They'll announce today they've changed from the Williams Arena at the University of Minnesota to the much larger Target Center, seating capacity: 18,000.

Paul's supporters have been undefinable and unknown throughout the election cycle. There are the loud and sometimes rowdy, usually young sign-waving blimp renters, omnipresent in the early primary states during the Republican race. And there is the legion of online supporters, contributing millions online and creating what Paul hopes will be a lasting grassroots framework.

But there were not (on balance) many voters for Paul, who while he stayed in the race against Sen. McCain longer than any of his GOP rivals, has very few Republican delegates.

So Paul's shadow convention (speakers include anti-tax crusader Grover Norquist, shaggy haired cable personality Tucker Carlson, and Barry Goldwater Jr.,) will be a test of his new group's staying power and organizational mettle. Supporters have been encouraged to exploit state delegate rules to get appointed to, infiltrate and make themselves known at the national convention before decamping for the Target Center.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This will be an interesting September. I'm glad I don't work in downtown Minneapolis.
    Best Regards,
    28_days

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 28_days View Post
    This will be an interesting September. I'm glad I don't work in downtown Minneapolis.

Yeah because we all know how much violence Dr. Paul preaches.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Yeah because we all know how much violence Dr. Paul preaches.
    I think he meant because of congestion, There will be roughly 40,000 extra people downtown because of this and the RNC...

Feedback Score
    +1 for Ron Paul. Soon as these ignorant newspaper read'n fox news love'n baby boomers drop off we can have some justice...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Quickdraw Mcgraw View Post
    I think he meant because of congestion, There will be roughly 40,000 extra people downtown because of this and the RNC...
    That and the massive protests. Apparently the organizers are required to sign-up in advance, and they've been doing so since St.Paul / Minneapolis was announced as the convention HQ.

EDIT: St. Paul and Minneapolis are connected, hence "twin cities". Traffic or major events in one can cause massive issues in the other.
    Best Regards,
    28_days

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 28_days View Post
    An interesting September, indeed.