Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rainier RUC Complete Lower

Feedback Score

Rainier RUC Complete Lower

Whenever a new rifle is built the first question is usually "stripped or complete lower?". The advantage to stripped is the user can configure it to their liking without a pile of take off parts going in the parts bin. This usually means more money going into parts and less going into training and ammo.

The Rainier RUC complete lower is a different story. This thing is chocked full of top end parts for under $400 bucks. Both the lower receiver and the 6 position receiver extension are made from 7075 aluminum and are mated with a Fortis Manufacturing end plate and a castle nut that is properly staked. The staking on the castle nut is just another example of the fact that Rainier really paid attention to the details. It also uses a H buffer for improved reliability and control.

The stock on the RUC lower is a B5 Systems Bravo stock. This is the simplified version of the B5 SOPMOD and even though it is a minimalist stock the cheekweld and lock up on it are solid as a rock. If end plate QD sockets are not up the users alley, the Bravo has that covered with a built end QD socket as well.

The Pistol grip is the Magpul MOE Plus which was switched out with when received for a more vertical grip. It now wears a Magpul K Grip which fits in to the newer straight up and down style similar to the UCWRG Grip 23 and BCM Grip Mod 0 that are so hot right now.

The safety selector is the Battle Arms Development BAD-ASS 45 degree short throw lever. It was solid locking and the throw on it was so quick and short that it was surprising and didn't leave you reaching with the thumb to go from safe to fire positions. The short and long levers are also adjustable from left side of the receiver to the right side so it is good to go for both right hand and left hand shooters.

The trigger in this lower is the ALG QMS and is simply excellent and gets rid of that gritty, heavy feeling so many long time AR shooters have grown to love...or hate. The break is light and clean but not so light that reliabilty and safety is a concern. The trigger guard is the polymer version of the MOE trigger guard that is modified to work with a gloved hand.

The roll marks on the receiver are very well machined and the finish is great also. It was paired with an Aero upper receiver and the lock up was nice and tight with very little wobble. The only issue I found with the lower was that the front takedown pin was so tight that it had to be given a love tap to have it lock or unlock. This is not uncommon and usually the parts will wear together and loosen up. Tight is not bad but having to use a bullet tip and tapping it with somethong are not exactly convenient from the start.

In the search for a quality lower receiver this is not one that should be overlooked.

]

DMViergever
    Www.facebook.com/almosttactical

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    This looks like a great option, they essentially built the lower I made, but I used the Voltor stock. I would have no issues at all using the B5 stock. Everything i've gotten from Rainier has been top notch, and I'll be ordering from them again.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    your post started off sounding like a commercial and I actually scrolled down to see if you were a rep but I do agree, Rainier lowers are nice. the machining and finish is very nice and having the cutouts for the BAD A.S.S. 45* selectors is sweet.

if you're having a tight lock-up, did you look and notice the tension adjustment screw with the Delrin tip that comes up through receiver and impinges on the bottom of the upper? this is adjustable and it's possible yours is screwed in a little too much. it's not tight in the threads and you can adjust it with a pair of needle nose pliers from inside the lower.

I'm really impressed with that little "skunkworks" up there in the NW. between them, and AXTS and Noveske and until recently, Centurion, that's quite a hot little area for carbine development...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    your post started off sounding like a commercial and I actually scrolled down to see if you were a rep but I do agree, Rainier lowers are nice. the machining and finish is very nice and having the cutouts for the BAD A.S.S. 45* selectors is sweet.

if you're having a tight lock-up, did you look and notice the tension adjustment screw with the Delrin tip that comes up through receiver and impinges on the bottom of the upper? this is adjustable and it's possible yours is screwed in a little too much. it's not tight in the threads and you can adjust it with a pair of needle nose pliers from inside the lower.

I'm really impressed with that little "skunkworks" up there in the NW. between them, and AXTS and Noveske and until recently, Centurion, that's quite a hot little area for carbine development...
    Def. Not a rep. Just giving the stats of the lower. The fit is good and snug with the upper but not because of the screw, just a good fit. The issue is with the front takedown pin being very snug in the hole.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This definitely is a high quality option. I really appreciate Rainier's offerings. I was never much of a billet lower fan but when Ranier offered an ambi billet lower I had to give it a try, and I am very glad I did. I put a BAD-ASS ambi 45 degree short throw safety along with the BAD enhanced take down and pivot pins, Norgon ambi mag release, Seekins enhanced bolt catch and billet magazine release, plus I'm using the Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle and it makes for an awesome package. Love it. My next lower will either be a stripped forged Rainier or one of these complete RUCs. Great company!

Feedback Score
    Picking mine up from the FFL dealer today. Thanks for the review.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't forget about us in NV

DMViergever, if your pins are hard to pull out, you might look into our EPS (enhanced pins set) https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...18-ETP-and-EPP

Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Are they as sweet as your Bad-ASS levers? It is actually my buddies (farmhand) lower but I may end up with one someday.
    Last edited by DMViergever; 01-23-14 at 16:27.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They've been very well received
    The challenge is for folks to get over the idea that tighter is better on an AR. The EPS has many design goals, all of which were met. A tight fit between the lower and upper was not one of them. We make components for rifles that go in harm's way, these components must serve purposes that justify their cost and offer real benefits, or we simply don't develop and make them. There's a lot of thoughts and research that went into the pins. Even our friends wondered how anyone could improve on simple pins (nobody told us at the time, but they fessed up after testing them lol).

Any one of the features would qualify the pins as "enhanced", we incorporated many features into the design, which the thread above discussed in greater detail
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    I took delivery of my complete RUC lower last weekend mated it to my new DD V7LW upper. Both were the result of much lurking and learning. Got to shoot it on Monday and I have no regrets. You really get a lot of bang for the buck on that lower (pun intended).

I too had a heck of a time getting the pivot pin to go in. It slid in and out of position easily without the upper in place, so I attribute it to the upper. Definitely won't be popping it out with my fingers like I'm used to, but I don't foresee the immediate need to break it all the way down anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast