Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Battle of the hand cannons. Which to get?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    Serious question, and not a flame, but other than the pure enjoyment of firing a ridiculously large powerful handgun, what are you getting from these guns that cannot be better delivered by a long slide Glock 20 using 15rds of hot 10mm?
    As the original 10mm Fanboy (I have a Bren Ten, Delta Elite, G20) and having shot 10mm now for thirty (30!) years (since I got one of the first Brens off the assembly line)... I'll have to agree with the other posts that the 10mm is hopelessy outclassed by these larger cartridges for their purpose. It is not even close enough to have a discussion.

To the OP-- get the .500 and party on!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Although I have a G20 for the OPs purpose and as previously stated a weight savings I feel alittle under gunned in the coastal areas of AK. Inland I'm comfortable with 200-220 SJFP/HCFP. The 10mm is ooutclassed.by the 500 in ME by 3 or 4 - 1 based on loading.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ran into this thread again wanted to add this:

To those who say these guns will damage you,yea probably if you sit and shoot a few hundred rounds a day-Taffin was mentioned and I remember him being a big advocate of the "super" revolvers back in the late 80's into the 90's and he was working on loads and shooting the things all the damn time.

For me even with medium .500 shells I can do seven a day and then I have to quit as my hand is tingling and I can tell I've had enough!

The .500 is still my favorite handgun as to something I can go hunt anything I wish.
    "That which is dead can eternal lie,and with strange aeons even death may die"~Lovecraft

Feedback Score
    this should do the job.

Last edited by badness; 06-25-14 at 02:00.

Feedback Score
    My Elk & Bear gun is a BFR in .450, it's great.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456