Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A1 Colt kits $356.95

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A1 Colt kits $356.95

Any one looking for A! kits under $500.00, in stock ready to ship?
    LGoutdoors.com has over 700 in stock. I got one and wrote the first review. Came with all the usual stuff plus two Colt 30 round mags. Uppers are forge coded C H. $356.95!!!
    IBMer

Feedback Score

A1 Colt kits $356.95

Are these the same A1 kits that Sportsman's Guide and Centerfire Systems are selling?
    By that I mean these things seem to be all-over the place, and in all examples I have seen the barrel is missing and the lower parts are messed-up or destroyed (as required for legal reasons, I think. ?).

I looked at buying one of those kits for a Retro Build, but by the time I added up all the cost and trouble (possible bad parts) I figured it would be easier for me to buy known-good parts for a (my first) Retro Build.
    Last edited by SurplusShooter; 02-05-14 at 13:36.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The description says minus lower, barrel and sear. http://www.lg-outdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BH_IO AR150011

Why no barrel? That's one of the most important parts in a build kit, particularly for an A1!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is nothing wrong with the parts except some are illegal, the trigger hammer and disconnector will need to be replaced with aftermarket.
    I just thought since people have been paying $450 to $550 for these kits some one might appreciate this price and availability.
    None of the kits include barrels and I have no idea why but if I was doing a retro build I would want the Colt upper and all the other original Colt parts. And yes it is expensive to build a retro.
    IBMer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    The description says minus lower, barrel and sear. http://www.lg-outdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BH_IO AR150011

Why no barrel? That's one of the most important parts in a build kit, particularly for an A1!
    Original Colt pencil barrels go for $700 to $800.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Barrels are not included because these kits are being imported, same rules as AK kits. $350 seems like a great price, I see them regularly sell out at $450 and up.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does the buttstock on yours have the trapdoor or not?
    Native Texan

Feedback Score
    Dang, I just got one from WhatACountry.
    Did the hanguard break during shipping? You gave a pretty glowing review for a kit with busted parts.

I see the importer was IO, Inc. They had announced at SHOT show one year ago they were going to start building rifles from these type of kits. Wonder if they just decided to sell them off?
    Last edited by TX0303; 02-05-14 at 21:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These have the trapdoor with a cracked shoulder. I will tell everyone where to get those cheap also later.
    The handguard did not break in shipping but I made it sound like it did.
    I gave the kit 5 stars because it is better than the others I have seen but not a lot of difference. Most of the handguards will have some damage.
    I think they are a steal at this price.
    IBMer

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast