Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lower parts for A1 Kits

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

lower parts for A1 Kits

Midway USA has individual parts for A! kit lowers.
    Trigger PN 385451 $11.79
    Hammer with spring part # 517093 $19.29
    Disconector part # 180104 $5.09
    This will keep you from having to spend a bundle on a complete parts kit.
    I have been told that you cannot use these original full auto Colt parts even if you do not have the sear or have no intention of building a full auto. I have even been told not to have the parts close to the M16 clone!
    We can use the full auto BCG.
    All the kits that I have seen have the cracked buttplate shoulder and these do too. I know where to get them cheap also and will dig up the info and post it later. These are original made in the 80's or 90's and come with the lower screw??
    If anyone knows all the NFA rules for these clones please correct me if I am wrong.
    IBMer

I FORGOT ABOUT THE SELECTOR!! We cannot use the Colt selector (safety) so now I will look for one to order. I should have just bought the complete LPK>
    Last edited by IBMer; 02-06-14 at 21:46. Reason: add more info

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBMer View Post
    All the kits that I have seen have the cracked buttplate shoulder and these do too. I know where to get them cheap also and will dig up the info and post it later.
    Do you mean like this? This pic is from the Sarco website for their parts kit....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HackerF15E View Post
    Do you mean like this? This pic is from the Sarco website for their parts kit....

Yes, I heard this was from over tightening the butt screw. Did every GI over tighten his/her/it's screw?

Feedback Score
    This could also hapen from other various reasons such as rough handling when putting it in a Armory rack, vehicle, etc. I was INTEROGATED by OSI for a couple hours once for this exact reason. For some reason the ignorate a$$ agent must have needed another 'feather in his cap' to make such a big deal out of a cracked butt. He seemed to think I was walking around smashing things with my duty weapon. True story!!!

Feedback Score
    Did every GI over tighten his/her/it's screw?
    GI's weren't supposed to take a screw driver anywhere near their rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I FORGOT ANOTHER PART!!! The selector, we cannot use the Colt selector so now I have to find one of those. Might as well bought the complete LPK.
    IBMer

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There are ways to De-Mil M-16 Parts and keep them legal, even the selector but I don't recommend it.

I still recommend trashing the selector just so johnny law don't get confused by 'safe-semi and semi'. It is still three position.

The hammer you can grind the spur off the top hook and you shorten the tail on the Disconnector to the same length as on a standard Semi Disconnector. Both these parts start out as M-16 parts commercially and the Manufacturer modifies then as described to semi specifications. Once you re-park them, they are indistinguishable. The back of the trigger where is open (to accomidate the longer FA Disconnector) can be closed by a welder with a blob of weld too.

I would just trash the trigger(unless you have access to a welder) and the selector. Modifying the Hammer and the Selector to full commercial specification can be done in 5 minutes with a bench grinder. Grind and quench.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 02-06-14 at 22:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    There are ways to De-Mil M-16 Parts and keep them legal, even the selector but I don't recommend it.

I still recommend trashing the selector just so johnny law don't get confused by 'safe-semi and semi'. It is still three position.

The hammer you can grind the spur off the top hook and you shorten the tail on the Disconnector to the same length as on a standard Semi Disconnector. Both these parts start out as M-16 parts commercially and the Manufacturer modifies then as described to semi specifications. Once you re-park them, they are indistinguishable. The back of the trigger where is open (to accomidate the longer FA Disconnector) can be closed by a welder with a blob of weld too.

I would just trash the trigger(unless you have access to a welder) and the selector. Modifying the Hammer and the Selector to full commercial specification can be done in 5 minutes with a bench grinder. Grind and quench.
    Thanks HeavyMetal. I considered that but was told not to by the same person giving me advice on what is legal and I thought I would keep the Colt parts intact for some unknown reason in my feeble mind. I am curious as to how you could grind the selector into a two position, safe and semi auto.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I FORGOT ANOTHER PART!!! The selector, we cannot use the Colt selector so now I have to find one of those. Might as well bought the complete LPK.
    IBMer
    I bought a selector on GB so now I have about $52 in parts for my lower, kits run $45, $59 and upwards plus shipping so I saved a tiny bit but have fewer spare parts that could have been used or sold maybe!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You can't it a two position. You can make it a safe semi and semi though.

And deimlimg the parts to semi configuration is perfectly legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast