Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: G-Code / Haley Strategic INCOG IWB Holster System

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sapper36 View Post
    While those look like good kit I am having trouble putting together what they offer that's significantly different/better than the g code offering. A holster that is adjustable, holding a gun, cannot make that much of a difference. I really feel that if you don't like AIWB carry, the holster is not going to mean much. I started using AIWB with a leather holster and a G19 years ago. It just works for some and not others, blaming one piece of kit seems silly.
    Not all holsters are created equal.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Not all holsters are created equal.
    Well said. My JM Custom AIWB is head and shoulders above the INCOG. That being said, my INCOG fills a specific role for me, and does it well.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the honest review. I've been more disappointed by products that everyone spoke super highly of and no one would even consider saying anything negative about than I have with products with honest reviews.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cylindros View Post
    Well said. My JM Custom AIWB is head and shoulders above the INCOG. That being said, my INCOG fills a specific role for me, and does it well.
    And that's the caveat. If it fills a role awesome, sometimes you need a specific piece of kit to do one specific thing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've neglected training with my G19 and 30, both taking a backseat to my duty G21 and new favorite 41. I ordered Gcode OSH holsters for the 19/30 with various attachments and was curious if anyone in this thread has experience with the IWB adaptor?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    what I would really love is that norcalkydex holster you linked to in your review with the tactical fuzz.

Chris
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    what I would really love is that norcalkydex holster you linked to in your review with the tactical fuzz.

Chris
    Some moleskin and 3m 77 spray should do nearly the same thing.

Feedback Score
    I sent an email to GCODE wondering what their response would be regarding the trigger guard coverage as this is an area that concerns me.
    -----------------
    Hello,

I had previously owned a incog, and have another one on the way for a brown Glock 19 Brown Incog w/ caddy. I had inquired about the amount of trigger guard coverage on the glock previously and noticed that on every holster the trigger guard does not come up to fully cover the trigger guard. There is a gap left between the area behind the trigger and in front of the magazine catch. While I know this is a small gap, it is disconcerting especially in appendix if there is a piece of shirt or object that gets stuck in that area.

This review mentions the issue

http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2014/02/g-...incog-iwb.html

as the issue is discussed in this thread as well

(link to this thread)

Is it possible to have the trigger guard extended up slightly higher to offer more coverage on mine specifically?

Here is the response

The trigger guard is covered, you can not get your finger in there and nothing else is going to work there way into the trigger. Covering any further back so you don't see the bottom rear of the trigger guard is going to mean you can't get a full firing grip on the pistol. I don't see what the problem is you hope to "correct"... when there is no problem. Your idea would hinder fast and definitive operation. We do no do any custom orders.
    Last edited by Elbowtko; 02-11-14 at 04:34.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    It is interesting since that was one of the issues I instantly observed before even putting it on and during training it came out as an issue. If it wasn't an issue then it wouldnt have come up in training/use of the holster.

I'd like to know who T&E'd the holster, their results and why was the desicion made to open the front sight area.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbowtko View Post
    I sent an email to GCODE wondering what their response would be regarding the trigger guard coverage as this is an area that concerns me.
    -----------------

Here is the response
    Am I the only one who thought their response could have been written a little more politely?

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    It is interesting since that was one of the issues I instantly observed before even putting it on and during training it came out as an issue. If it wasn't an issue then it wouldnt have come up in training/use of the holster.

I'd like to know who T&E'd the holster, their results and why was the desicion made to open the front sight area.
    I would imagine Haley and some of his boys were on the list.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast