Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe I just wasn't meant to build Ar's

Feedback Score

Maybe I just wasn't meant to build Ar's

I just finished my build and grabbed a cartridge to be sure it would chamber. Loaded it into a mag inserted it into the rifle with the bolt back and released the bolt. The bolt wouldn't go all the way forward and when I pulled the charging handle back it wouldn't budge. I ended up removing the buffer assembly and the bolt was at least 1/4 to the rear of where it's supposed to be. I removed the pivot pin so the rifle would come apart and ended up having to tap the carrier with a punch to get it to slide back. When it did the cartridge slid out of the barrel.

What might of happened to cause this?
    When your mad as hell and you just can't take anymore, grab your weapon and run yelling into the street. If you are the only one in the street, with a weapon, yelling.....go back inside. It's not time yet.

Feedback Score
    Couldn't exactly tell you the issue just on pure explanation. Could you upload some pictures? However, do not feel discouraged! Trust me I've had issues also in the build process just got be patient and do a little "fine tuning" is all

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does it cycle fine without the cartridge? How about with just the carrier? Can you give us a complete (and thorough) parts list?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasahara View Post
    Does it cycle fine without the cartridge? How about with just the carrier? Can you give us a complete (and thorough) parts list?
    It's a BCM upper on top of an Anderson lower. Barrel is a faxon 18" rifle gas with a YHM gasblock. BCG is a Griffin armaments. It cycles fine without a cartridge. Charging handle is a BCM Gunfighter.
    When your mad as hell and you just can't take anymore, grab your weapon and run yelling into the street. If you are the only one in the street, with a weapon, yelling.....go back inside. It's not time yet.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Pull the gas tube roll pin & make sure the gas tube hole lines up with the hole in fsb or gas block. I recently had a similar thing happen.Gas tube moved back while I installed the pin.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket 442 View Post
    Pull the gas tube roll pin & make sure the gas tube hole lines up with the hole in fsb or gas block. I recently had a similar thing happen.Gas tube moved back while I installed the pin.
    Gas tube is fine in that regard. I have not fired the rifle yet. It won't chamber a round.

Feedback Score
    Do it again, take the pins out, and take a picture of it stuck.

Feedback Score
    The upper won't separate from the lower if the BCG isn't forward of the buffer tube, but it would be helpful to see a pic of the malf. Does the ejector move freely in/out of the bolt face? What do the feed ramps look like? Can you hand-feed a round into the chamber?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Make sure-
    -it's the right ammo and the right chamber.
    -there are no obstructions in the chamber.
    -your bolt is not installed 180 degrees out in the carrier
    -there is no interference from the charging handle
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you using a live round or dummy? Look at the chamber.

Btw look up mortaring so you don't have to tear your gun apart when you get a round stuck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast