Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BCM's new fluted EWL profile barrels (tapered) -- questions/thoughts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Regardless of only being like .5-.75 ounces lighter than a LW, there's more weight toward the rear of the EWL, so it should handle better/point even faster.
    I'm so tempted to switch from the EWL Fluted to the BFH LW since I don't know how much of a difference the weight and distribution will make, but I have kinda bought into the whole BFH thing as having a slight, tangible advantage (ETA: I have NO actual evidence or proof of this). Of course, I've owned 4 non-CHF and never had an issue with accuracy or barrel life, so technically, it should be as moot a point as 1/2 ounce.

That said, I'm buying ANOTHER this Summer--so if I love the 14.5" I could always get another in BFH EWL-F instead of going with a 16" which was my plan (to mount a TR24R or TA31, and an SF or Lantac).
    Last edited by evi1joe; 02-13-14 at 19:43. Reason: see BOLD parenthetical remark

Feedback Score
    Having just ordered one of BCM's new KMR uppers, Im anxious for folks to start getting theirs and shooting them/ real world experience..

Im sure I will love what I ordered, however I look forward to the reviews to help aid in the next one..

Feedback Score
    Just got it and haven't shot it yet, but.. 16" ELW-Fluted with 13" KMR. Without the Aimpoint, sling and empty magazine it weighs 6lbs 2.5oz. Take off the VG and the bare-bones rifle is probably right at 6lbs or slightly under. Going to sight it in this weekend.
    IMG_20150220_161303.jpg
    "A warranty and a carry bag are not bullet points for "Milspec+" to anyone who doesn't lick windows." - Tiny Killer Robot

Feedback Score
    BCMEnhancedLW002_zpse99d4e8b.jpg

My 14.5 ELW before assembly.

After:

BCMEnhancedLW006_zps51e26384.jpg

as to accuracy;

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Have not shot my ELW or ELW-F much, but based on my experience, they do not shoot as well as what I am used to, 6920, Noveske chrome barrel, BCM CHF, etc.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score
    If I was strictly just worried about dampening bbl harmonics I'd run an HBAR. I've been getting good accuracy out of my BCM SOCOM profile barrels as well though. Haven't got a chance to shoot an ELW yet though.

Feedback Score
    Pics of the new BCM Enhanced Lightweight Fluted:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234