Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mark 12, Mod 1 Build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Alaska3006, that is one sweet rifle. I am a big SPR Mod 0 fan. Hottest looking & running variant ever, to me. You've put together (what appears to me to be) a really authentic looking example. Hat's off to you, sir.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for kind words

I pawned my wife off at pawn Shop........to build this, any donations for bail she would appreciate.

I did change the setup Mod 0 a tad........I went with vltor A5 extension and A5 buffer which I think for a rifle length extension and buffer was a good adjustment to get adj stock setup.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer44 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have the Mark 4 MR/T 3-9x36 on there which I think is very authentic. Trouble for me with the URX is the cost of the special wrench needed to put it on. I also considered the LaRue 13.2 rail which will work but I wanted a clone. I have it on good authority that KAC is already shipping their last run of the long FF rail so I'm hoping to get one for my second build using a Noveske SPR barrel. And I went ahead and ordered another suppressor since the Ops Inc one is no longer available. Need to get this one sighted in.
    Here is the MK 12 Mod 1 Leupold Scope

2.5x 8 MR/T
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alaska3006; 04-11-14 at 00:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice build!

Feedback Score

Mod 1

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer44 View Post
    Okay, I have put together a Mark 12, Mod 1 and have a few remaining questions. I have a second build in the works so some of these questions pertain to that build. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll post pics of the first build. Here are my questions:
    First, what sling is used on these? I've researched this and the answer seems to be whatever sling you want as some or most were issued with no sling or were issued with the standard Colt sling. I've seen pics of the Mark 12, Mod 1 with what appears to be an A2 buttstock with some sort of sling that goes around the end of the buttstock and the sling is attached to it. BTW, on my build, I have ordered the KAC side swivel mount and these should arrive next week.
    Second, let's talk about suppressors. The upper you see which I bought without the scope and front and rear BUIS came with the OPS INC collar and brake. Since OPS INC is currently not doing business, I have ordered an AEM5 suppressor from ADCO which I understand is a replacement for the original. Anyone have this suppressor on a Mark 12 or any other build?
    Third question: Now I own a GEMTECH HALO already and I'm thinking about putting that on my second build rather than going through the tedious, costly and lengthy process or buying another AEM5. Anyone know if any of the deployed Mark 12s have been seen with this suppressor?
    Finally, I have been patiently waiting to purchase a KAC long FF RAS. I understand these ARE in the works so I plan to use that for my second build. I managed to snag a Noveske SPR barrel and a Colt upper receiver so I almost have what I need for this second build. I plan to use my Colt AR15A4 lower for this build (but it won't be dedicated to the build). I also have managed to snag a Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 with Mildots. Not sure if it has the M3 knobs. The Scope pictured on this build is the almost-impossible-to-find Leupold 3-9x36 illuminated SPR scope. Sorry, pics to follow once I figure out how to upload them here.

[img][img]
    [img][img]
    [img][img]
    [img][img]

Sling is Viking VTS
    Suppressor was Ops Inc made by Allen Eng
    Scope 2.5 x8 leupold MK 4 on Mod 1...... Easy to find SWFA......M2 knobs marked MK 12 mod 1 turrents

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123