Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark 12, Mod 1 Build

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Mark 12, Mod 1 Build

Okay, I have put together a Mark 12, Mod 1 and have a few remaining questions. I have a second build in the works so some of these questions pertain to that build. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll post pics of the first build. Here are my questions:
    First, what sling is used on these? I've researched this and the answer seems to be whatever sling you want as some or most were issued with no sling or were issued with the standard Colt sling. I've seen pics of the Mark 12, Mod 1 with what appears to be an A2 buttstock with some sort of sling that goes around the end of the buttstock and the sling is attached to it. BTW, on my build, I have ordered the KAC side swivel mount and these should arrive next week.
    Second, let's talk about suppressors. The upper you see which I bought without the scope and front and rear BUIS came with the OPS INC collar and brake. Since OPS INC is currently not doing business, I have ordered an AEM5 suppressor from ADCO which I understand is a replacement for the original. Anyone have this suppressor on a Mark 12 or any other build?
    Third question: Now I own a GEMTECH HALO already and I'm thinking about putting that on my second build rather than going through the tedious, costly and lengthy process or buying another AEM5. Anyone know if any of the deployed Mark 12s have been seen with this suppressor?
    Finally, I have been patiently waiting to purchase a KAC long FF RAS. I understand these ARE in the works so I plan to use that for my second build. I managed to snag a Noveske SPR barrel and a Colt upper receiver so I almost have what I need for this second build. I plan to use my Colt AR15A4 lower for this build (but it won't be dedicated to the build). I also have managed to snag a Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 with Mildots. Not sure if it has the M3 knobs. The Scope pictured on this build is the almost-impossible-to-find Leupold 3-9x36 illuminated SPR scope. Sorry, pics to follow once I figure out how to upload them here.

[img][img]
    [img][img]
    [img][img]
    [img][img]
    Last edited by elkslayer44; 02-09-14 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We use to have one of these, good shooting rifle with little felt recoil. We never were issued a sling for it so we just used a VTAC sling. The buttstock was a A2 stock, some would use the sling that would wrap around the end of the buttstock in order to slightly change the pivot point. I can not remember who made the suppressor but it could have been gemtech. We got rid of the MK12's that we had about 1 1/2 years ago but I might still have some old paper work for it at work that would have the make/model of the suppressor. I will check it out later this week and let you know.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    if I can find the paper work I can also let you know what scope was issued with it, it was a leupold just can not remember the model.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The internal model on the scope is the TS-30A1 - but the Mk4 MR/T really is the same scope. If you want to overpay for a very authentic scope, at least get the NF 2.5-10x24mm unit.

I have an OPS 14th (and M4S) that should finally clear Form4 jail this month, and the Centurion Mk12 upper to run it on, but really any can with the rifle length gas system is going to make a smooth shooting tack driver of an upper; anymore I'm much more interested in taking more modern rails (URX3.1 13.5" or the URX4) and 16" Recce barrels equipped the same way (why I went with the 14th instead of the 12th or 16th model).
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. I have the Mark 4 MR/T 3-9x36 on there which I think is very authentic. Trouble for me with the URX is the cost of the special wrench needed to put it on. I also considered the LaRue 13.2 rail which will work but I wanted a clone. I have it on good authority that KAC is already shipping their last run of the long FF rail so I'm hoping to get one for my second build using a Noveske SPR barrel. And I went ahead and ordered another suppressor since the Ops Inc one is no longer available. Need to get this one sighted in.
    Last edited by elkslayer44; 03-04-14 at 00:01.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The Arnold Engineering M5 is a direct clone replacement for the OPSINC Model 12.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Allen Engineering.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I ordered the AEM5 from Dave at ADCO early last month. It's being transferred to my FFL/SOT here, which I'm hoping will happen by end of March. From there I know the drill as I have 3 suppressor stamps already. I have a question. Is that barrel painted? BTW that's a nice looking clone!!
    Last edited by elkslayer44; 03-03-14 at 23:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We had a Ops Inc. can on it, serial began with a MBS. We had a Leupold on it as well, the serial ended in a L but not sure which model. The rifle was around for awhile before I got there so there could have been the Night Force on it years ago.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wyld3man-- I think the Leupys came first, the NFs were put on later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast