Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ODIN Works Kmod handguard and Kpod Review

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I feel that we both try really hard to be objective with every single product that we decide to try out. In this type of hobby sometimes manufacturers will send you stuff free of charge because they want to get their name or info about the product out there, and sometimes not. We've had some things from no name companies that we've paid for and found out to be really solid stuff, as well as we've got things for free from some really well known manufacturers and ultimately hated, either way we try to make sure that our review will always reflect the merits of the product itself, not the name on it nor how much it costs.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Barrel nut looks like it'd be a round off nightmare. Nice review and pics, but as a card carrying luddite... another rail I'll never come close to considering.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Barrel nut looks like it'd be a round off nightmare. Nice review and pics, but as a card carrying luddite... another rail I'll never come close to considering.
    Haha, I expect nothing less from you! The flats on the nut are substantial and, admittedly, I was using the wrong tool for the job when I first got it. I live out in the country so I tossed it on with a crescent. Next time I went into town I bought some of the open end wrenches that you can connect a torque wrench to. This worked substantially better.

I DO NOT get paid for my reviews.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMViergever View Post

... every keymod slot serves as a QD cup for a sling swivel.
    This seems like a good idea to me. I believe QD cups generally have thicker walls than the keymod slots, but otherwise this sounds like a logical and novel design feature.

Otherwise, this looks like a POF rail with 3 & 9 o-clock keymod slots.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I love my Odin Works 15.5". High quality and perfect for the intended use on my DDV5LW. Because it's so difficult for some folks to do an internet search for price, I paid $225 for the 15.5" at a local shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have this Odin K-pod keymod bi-pod mount and let me tell you, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY on it.

The recoil lugs on the bottom do not fit/fill out the keyhole of the keymod rail. The only thing holding the mount in place is the screw tension and you can not tighten them enough to keep the mount from working loose and sliding back and forth during recoil or when loading the bipod. Seriously, how was this overlooked?

At $34 (https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sh...roduct_id=4123) it is the most expensive keymod harris bipod mount also.

I have a Primary Weapon Systems keymod bipod mount coming from Primary Arms for $24 (https://www.primaryarms.com/PWS-KeyM...p/5kmhbea1.htm) and an IWC keymod bipod mount-n-slot (http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...-mount-n-slot/) coming for only $8 dollars. We will see which is better, surely though they did not drop the ball like Odin did with these recoil lugs, the thing is useless!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I've got the Odin rail too---pretty impressed with it. Very lightweight… I agree that I'd like to see more keymod slots vs. the cooling slots though.

Feedback Score
    That is odd, did you contact ODIN? I have not had any issue with mine sliding or coming loose or falling of the handguard from banging around or shooting?

I DO NOT get paid for my reviews.

Feedback Score
    I am considering one of the Odin Works rails for my 9mm SBR because it will swallow the suppressor (Liberty Mystic), but there just aren't many reviews or other feedback on them. Any long term thoughts form the OP or others?

Feedback Score
    I put a 15.5" on one of my last builds. Used the Odin Works 18" DMR barrel too. I really like how light it is. As was mentioned above I think it would have been better to have more key slots in stead of the cooling slots. I don't plan on mounting much on the front so it doesn't really bother me. I have a BUIS on the top and the IWC mount n slot on the bottom. The IWC mount is the way to go for a bipod.

Mounting the rail wasn't too bad. Took a little tapping to get the gas tube hole lined up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast