Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ODIN Works Kmod handguard and Kpod Review

Feedback Score
    I recently installed an ODIN Works 12.5" Kmod handguard on my suppressed 9mm build. The 1.6" inside diameter of the handguard is about perfect for swallowing my 1.46 OD max Liberty Mystic suppressor on a 5" Adco barrel, there is about 1.25" of Mystic sticking out the end. Installation was a little tricky on my build because the dedicated 9mm upper does not have a hole for the gas tube, alignment was challenging without the pin. The suppressor was almost perfectly centered in the rail (within 1/16"), I was able to loosen the screws, push the rail to where I wanted it, and then tighten the screws in a specific order to center the suppressor more to my liking.

I have done a few 25 round mag dumps with it and the handguard gets warm, but has never been too hot to hold without any kind of covers. I wouldn't think this would be the case for sustained high rates of fire or full auto, but for my uses it should be fine. I do not think it would work with my Saker 762, while the suppressor does physically fit there is more heat to deal with on the rifle suppressor.

The screws on the included rail section are long enough when installed that they would hit the suppressor, fortunately I put the rail section behind the suppressor for a vertical grip. I plan on swapping to the BCM keymod vertical grip. Using their mount for a light next to the suppressor body would be a no go without shortening the screws. I have not tried using any other company's keymod accessories yet.

Feedback Score
    Did all of you actually use the vibra tite? I always worry about using any thread locker on my Gun.
    Retired Aircraft Armament Systems Technician
    AR15, G17, G19, Springfield Loaded Target 1911, EMP4, Beretta 92FS, Sig P238

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Bunch of douchebags responding to this post.
    It's a review of a product. RELAX guys. We should say "thanks for the review", not call him a troll or harass him.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ODIN Works Kmod handguard and Kpod Review

Quote Originally Posted by steve462x0 View Post
    Did all of you actually use the vibra tite? I always worry about using any thread locker on my Gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40Colorado View Post
    It's a review of a product. RELAX guys. We should say "thanks for the review", not call him a troll or harass him.
    You guys realize that this is a three year old thread?
    Last edited by Ryno12; 01-27-17 at 14:32.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Relax, this post is actually 3 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40Colorado View Post

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123