Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Salomon Fit

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMT View Post
    They are the stiffest low cut runners I have ever worn. It's part of the reason I like them.

The arches are biased to rear for sure. Some peoples feet don't work well in these shoes. Another option is to try a set of Superfeet inserts.

Also which way do your feet roll? Mean are you a pronator or a supernator? What did you wear before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think I'm pretty neutral but just found a test to figure it out so I'll have to do that later tonight. My last shoes were Nike Frees which I liked quite a bit. And the discomfort is on the outside of my foot, which I didn't clarify earlier.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine run true... for running shoes I wear asics and the fit is identical. I've got a wide foot and the Salomons fit great, so I'm surprised to hear someone with narrow (normal) feet may be tight.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    I got XA Pro 3d's half a size up as my normal sized ones were tight in the arches. Like you, I have low arches. The bigger ones fit great and are comfortable. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    My XA Pro 3D's ran small compared to my boot size. I mostly wear work boots, and thought that they were not a good fit for my foot until I went up 1/2 size. I have a moderately high arch. 1/2 size up put them a little long in my toe, but loosened up everywhere else. They are quite comfortable to me in this state. I can't say that I have worn them enough to break them in, but right now I find them very comfortable and supportive.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have bought over a dozen pairs of Salomon trail runners and I would say they are average width. I have somewhat wide feet and had to stretch normal width Salomons in the toe box... The newer models with all mesh in the toe are comfy with no stretching. I love my Salomons and the speed lace system.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Salomon Fit

I have the Quest 4d's and they are the first boot that I've been able to comfortably wear for any duration. I have narrow heels/ankles, high arches, and a slightly wider forefoot. The Quest fit snug in the heel and still leave some wiggle room for my toes, and the arch support has been great for activities, and more importantly where other boots have failed me, when I'm having to stand for a while. They feel true to size and close to my Adidas trainers. I'm hoping the trail runners are similar bc I plan to get a pair for an upcoming warrior dash/mud run.

Sent from my awesome iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MikeDawg46L; 02-14-14 at 11:35.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I think I'm pretty neutral but just found a test to figure it out so I'll have to do that later tonight. My last shoes were Nike Frees which I liked quite a bit. And the discomfort is on the outside of my foot, which I didn't clarify earlier.
    If you have flat feet as you say, then you are not neutral. Sometimes a certain brand of shoe may work well for most, but none of them work for everybody. Could be that the Salomons just aren't right for you.

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    I have a narrow foot with high arches and I freaking love salomon's!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You just have to try them on before you buy.
    I am pretty much a whore for Salomon shoes. They make excellent footwear.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have fairly flat feet and it took me a little bit to get used to wearing Salomon shoes and boots. I tried different Super Feet insoles, but I always went back to the basic insert they came with. How long have you been wearing them? I'd either give them some time for your foot to get a little adjusted to the higher arch, or look at a different set of insoles.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast