Thread: Lying Gear Companies and CS Runabout Gripes

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Lying Gear Companies and CS Runabout Gripes

This has been eating at me since last year, and seeing it over and over again, while have to sit through some plain BS.... I am SO pissed of right now it's not even funny.

First off, the short easy issue- gear companies raising the price of things right before a sale- at least two well-known companies have done this that I've personally seen within the last 4 months. I mean, seriously? I *KNOW* what price it was because I've usually been looking at it for a couple months! I guess they're trying to go for the big *wow* percent-off discount, but you know what? How about just setting a percent-off that still gets them the price they want, instead of insulting everyone by offering some astronomical discount and at the same time rasing the price up and hoping no-one will notice. That's just lame....

So now we get to part 2 of this gripe-fest.
    I bought a piece of gear from one of these very well-known companies back on Black Friday/Thanksgiving. Yes, they did the price-raise-before-a-sale thing, but the price was still to good to pass up, so I did it.
    So a few weeks later, turns out it's not going to work, contacted the company, sent item in, worked through the issues I had- actually was going pretty well. Turns out the piece of gear just wasn't going to work for me, so they offered to either send it back or issue a refund. I figured since it was aready in their hands, a refund would be the way to go. I figured it wouldn't take long at all to get it processed, given the way things had progressed so far and that they already had the item.
    Well, guess again.
    A couple weeks after opting for the refund, I emailed to see how it was coming along- it was right around Christmas, and I was told that it would be processed beginning of Jan. after Christmas break was over. Ok, fair enough.
    So I waited a couple more weeks. Still nothing. So I emailed again. Paraphrase- "not sure what happened- will look into it".
    I really hate bugging people, but 6+ weeks into this, I'd better probably email again and see what's going on now...I just can't think of anything nice to say in the email, and I don't want to get pee in my coke, if you know what I mean...

I mean, seriously- 6+ weeks wait time for a refund for an item they already have?!
    The longest I ever waited for a refund from a gear company so far was when I sent a PIG PC back to SKD- took about 2.5-3 weeks for the refund to show up.
    Everything beside the PIG I've returned (about 2 other instances in the last year- it's not like I'm a returnaholic... ) it's been about a week or better (depending on how fast package arrived).
    The icing on the caker here is, due to their restocking fee I won't even get back what I paid into it.

This is starting to feel like Smartgunner all over again....

I suppose this doesn't really serve any purpose here, but I just wanted to gripe, dammit.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Well since you've already contacted the vendor I don't think it's an issue to say who they are.
    Is be pretty interested.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yeah I wanna know who.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    raising a price and then "having a sale" is HIGHLY illegal.

I cant remember what major corporation did this it was either Circuit City or another big chain store that went out of business. 75% off, but the price had been jacked WAY UP. The DOJ came down on them.

You could/should report companies that do this stuff to the attorney general and BBB in either your state or their home state.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    raising a price and then "having a sale" is HIGHLY illegal.

I cant remember what major corporation did this it was either Circuit City or another big chain store that went out of business. 75% off, but the price had been jacked WAY UP. The DOJ came down on them.

You could/should report companies that do this stuff to the attorney general and BBB in either your state or their home state.
    Well, if I recall they weren't *huge* price jumps. I believe one was more sgnificant than the other, but not shockingly massive jumps- just noticeable if you had checked the price a couple days before...

I really am not fond of bashing companies all over the internet- just not my thing.
    I will say though, that for those that want to know- the names would roll right off the top of anybody's head here.
    Unless one of the Mods/Industry guys here wants to chime in and give more info, in which case, I'll run it through them before posting names openly.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment