Thread: REMINGTON ARMS TO HUNTSVILLE ALABAMA?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

REMINGTON ARMS TO HUNTSVILLE ALABAMA?

Gents-just read a BREAKING NEWS article saying Remington Arms is opening an ammo plant here in Huntsville Al, to be announced with the AL Gov. on Monday. Can anyone else confirm this? I thought that TN had this in the bag. Any info appreciated.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by Big A; 02-15-14 at 16:10.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the links sir...literally trying to get ready for work and get info on this at the same time. Im very excited about this personally.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    It certainly sounds like good news, hopefully it will be confirmed Monday. Seems they're upping production too since the links claim Remington is going from 1200 jobs at the Ilion plant to 2000 at this purported Alabama facility.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We'll see on Monday.

Would have rather it been Tennessee, but Huntsville a good choice. This is a two-fer for the South! VW staying non-union and Remmington heading to North Alabama!
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Brietbart News:

The Military Times indicates the approximately "500,000-square-foot facility" is in Huntsville, AL and will "add nearly 25 percent more space to Remington's existing 2.1 million square feet of...manufacturing real estate." The new facility will be "used for product development and manufacturing," but will reportedly also have rooms and "an auditorium" for "training and development purposes."

The Alabama site will be one of Remington's largest, along with its Ilion, NY facility (1 million square feet), "its ammunition plant in Lonoke, Ark., and its factory in Mayfield, KY."

Remington considered at least 24 other states and various locations within those states before settling on Huntsville, AL. Huntsville is also home to "NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center and Toyota."

A source close to Remington told Breitbart News that are a lot of stories breaking about the new facility, many of which are wrong. Our source assured us it is "a major facility" and barring unforeseen events an official announcement will be made Monday (2-17-14).

Breitbart News will provide new details following the announcement.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants