Thread: XS Sights for M4gery

Feedback Score

XS Sights for M4gery

Does any of the members have XS sights on their M4 type of Carbine? If yes, please:

1) What type of sight exactly do you have?

2) What is the experience? Good/bad?

Feedback Score
    FWIW, i had an XS golf ball on the front of an A1 Carbine. I used that particular carbine for when i did 5 milers in the high desert, and was primarily there to warn off 4 legged critters (or whack them if it became necessary).
    It was a daytime only gun, and i wanted to try that sight for it's intended purpose (generally 50yds and in).

Next months SWAT has an article "The Perfect Carbine" where i describe the why's and how's of this gun.
    Truthfully, that sight was a waste of time and money. A standard trit front sight would have worked as well, been as fast, and permitted accurate fire out to 200m.
    Do not for any reason get trit rear sights. They are , at best, useless..

I had some golf balls on pistols. I don't anymore.
    The golf ball is still on that carbine but i don't have the same need now as i did then. Eventually i will replace it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Do not for any reason get trit rear sights. They are , at best, useless..
    Isn't that the truth. They really interfer with trying to see the front at all.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I am using the XS same plane rear sight in my KISS carbine that is very similar to Pat's carbine. It has an A1 rear sight (my favorite). I haven't decided which tritium front to put in yet, but I am leaning towards the tritium stripe. As this is a simple iron sight only gun, the sight set up is critical. I also felt the ball sight would be way to limiting. With the rear sight configured the way it is, this thing offers a very rapid sight acquisition as is, and doesn't need a big ball to speed things up.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    I have a X/S front post. What I like about it is the contrast; the white stripe against a dark background, the black outline against a light backdrop. I find it very easy. I have the trit rear because that's what came with the font sight when I ordered it from X/S. The rear tritium isn't useable. I can't see it unless I hold it at a distance, such as when the weapon is slung. It's the same plane apeature.

I run X/S on several other firearms, and really like them. I've used them on handguns (I do like the big dot, but their standard sight works fine). I have them on a lever gun, on an M1A, and on mossbergs. No complaints about the sights. I also use their scout scope on my Marlin 1895 with a Leupold scout scope up front. I like the setup. It's a good backpacking or brush gun.