Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tier 1 manufacturers

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    This all coming from Rob who uses a Home Depot tool bag as his range bag...

Hey! Right tool for the job. If somebody can show me a HSLD bag that works half as well as my Husky I'm all for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    High end is the Arms Tech Compak16 or USR, but you have to be military or police to get one. The King of Jordan ordered 400 Compak16's at 2800 bucks apiece and the snap on silencer is more.
    We are trying to get Dr. Joe to sell to civilians but so far no luck.
    I have three Colts and my son competes with a RRiver N Match.
    Scouts Out

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo58
    Very good point. Thanks for taking the time to list those choices. Every time I come here, I learn more. Your opinions are much appreciated .

Your welcome and glad I could help.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacDoc
    What does BCM stands for? May you post some info on this bbl? Weight? Price? Chrome lined?

Souds interesting.

Bravo Company Manufacturing. They make one of my absolute favorite barrels (at a fair price)!

It is 4150, chrome lined, 1/7 twist with a TRUE M4 Barrel Extension. Price for the barrels alone is like $234, but I have seen people getting much more than that as they are a rare animal.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    Bravo Company Manufacturing. They make one of my absolute favorite barrels (at a fair price)!

It is 4150, chrome lined, 1/7 twist with a TRUE M4 Barrel Extension. Price for the barrels alone is like $234, but I have seen people getting much more than that as they are a rare animal.

C4

thread resurrection...

Hello Grant,

Can you explain your comment on BCM's bbl description: "TRUE M4 Barrel Extension"?

Take care,

Don

\/
    \/
    \/

eta: Thanks Grant

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by f.2
    thread resurrection...

Hello Grant,

Can you explain your comment on BCM's bbl description: "TRUE M4 Barrel Extension"?

Take care,

Don

Yes, Colt was the originator of the M4 barrel extension and their's are marked with an "M4" on the front of the extension. BCM uses the same ones.

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nothing to see here
    Last edited by tinman44; 02-22-07 at 05:17. Reason: someone already made same point

Feedback Score
    I think it all depends on what a person wants to define as "Tier 1".

If "Tier 1" means that the units are supplied to the government for the military for general issue, then that, by default, places Colt and FN as the obvious choices. Because they meet the requirements set forth by the TDP, as defined in their contract.

Now, as Grant pointed out earlier, there might be some things available that provide different things on the gun that the TDP does not include. And these things might even be improvements over the standard issue "Tier 1" guns.

Maybe you feel that way, and maybe you don't.

However, the definition that you use as your benchmark, will set the determination of who is "Tier 1".

If the TDP was used exclusively as the benchmark, then nothing would ever improve. Everybody would just become a production shop, following the TDP exactly, and all R&D would cease, except for gov't testing. The gun would essentially become "static", or "set in stone" at that point, virtually ensuring its obsolescence.

IMO, there are things "better than TDP", and I'm glad that there are.

Feedback Score
    Oh, I don't know about that, I think ABC, CBS, and NBC are just as good as CMT and LMT, or wait is that XYZ or PDQ?...... stay with the A,B,C,D, and R of ar's, you can't go wrong...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by twl View Post
    I think it all depends on what a person wants to define as "Tier 1".

If "Tier 1" means that the units are supplied to the government for the military for general issue, then that, by default, places Colt and FN as the obvious choices. Because they meet the requirements set forth by the TDP, as defined in their contract.

Now, as Grant pointed out earlier, there might be some things available that provide different things on the gun that the TDP does not include. And these things might even be improvements over the standard issue "Tier 1" guns.

Maybe you feel that way, and maybe you don't.

However, the definition that you use as your benchmark, will set the determination of who is "Tier 1".

If the TDP was used exclusively as the benchmark, then nothing would ever improve. Everybody would just become a production shop, following the TDP exactly, and all R&D would cease, except for gov't testing. The gun would essentially become "static", or "set in stone" at that point, virtually ensuring its obsolescence.

IMO, there are things "better than TDP", and I'm glad that there are.

Yes, your T1 companies are going to be holding a .Mil contract and the official TDP.

I do believe that the TDP is not perfect and that there are things that can be improved upon. It is the base standard to follow though and then improve upon from there.

C4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast